Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin/Meath area: Good frequency for iTrip?

Options
  • 01-05-2007 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Howdy,

OK, I know I'm stretching the Motors forum topic a bit here, but I have a question for anyone who owns an iTrip or similar radio transmitter.

I commute between Meath and Dublin every morning, and I just picked up a Griffin iTrip so I can listen to my MP3s while travelling. However I'm finding it difficult to find a good frequency to tune the damn thing to. If I find an empty frequency when I'm in Meath, by the time I'm in Dublin some other station is broadcasting strongly enough to interfere with it. If I find one while I'm in Dublin, by the time I get to Meath it's the same deal.

So does anyone else who moves between Dublin and Meath know of a good frequency to use?

Cheers!

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭element05

Actually, just found this Boards post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=52977137

Will try some of these over the next day or two's commute and will post back my findings :)

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

If you dont listen to any radio stations, try taking off the aerial off your
    car. It'll mean you get weaker competition from outside signals/stations
    and should improve reception from the FM transmitter within your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭element05

94.2fm would appear to be the golden frequency for this part of Ireland :D

Advertisement