Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting End Of June/ July

Options
  • 30-04-2007 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi

I am moving to Dublin at the end of June and am looking to rent in and around the green luas. I was just wondering whether more places come on stream around that period of time given the colleges are out. Looking for a 3 bedroom place @ €1500 a month.

Kieran83

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,776 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I don't know if that is enough. At the 'leafy' end of the luas, you're looking at 2100-plus for a 3-bed. I suppose the supply will free up a bit in June, but I don't know if there are really that many students living along the green luas anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 gpsstudent

There's 3 of us with one working in city centre and other 2 working in sandyford. What area would you advise that is reasonably priced and also accessible with public transport

That is a really hard question. As you go east towards the coast and the Dart, prices go up, as you go north along the luas, prices are high. As you go west, you will probably find something better, but the public transport will be a bit problematic, especially to Sandyford (though the walk might not be too bad from somewhere like Balinteer).

You will really have to look at all the southside areas and maybe think about adjusting your budget. You will really have a much better quality of life if you can live somewhere that has an easy commute.

It may be that I am being unduly pessimistic.

Good luck with the search!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try the traditional renting areas of Ranelagh / Rathmines.

There is nothing in Ranelagh/Rathmines in that range Victor. 2k+ is the price.

Maybe over towards Harolds Cross.

• Advertisement
Advertisement