Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book, on tree's?

Options
  • 30-04-2007 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

It's my birthday soon, so I've asked herself to get me a book on trees, mainly which is which.I'm limited on my knowledge of cut timber, I can identitfy certain common woods when cut, oak,beech,teak etc but am useless when it comes to trees in general.I'd like a book that lists and pictures the leaves and bark of trees and probably the grain also, which would be handy if I get cut wood and don't know what it is, which tbh is all the time at the moment. Any reccomendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've got a nice book on trees, but there's no mention of the appearance of the wood or the grain or stuff like that, just pictures of the trees themselves plus bark, leaves, berries, flowers etc.

It's called Trees in Britain, Europe and North America by Roger Philips, Pan Books, ISBN 0 330 25480 4.

It's from 1979, so not sure if it's still around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Thanks Alun, it's a start anyway.

Advertisement