Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Durex Condoms

Options
  • 30-04-2007 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭

After paying 17 euro for 12 condoms in Tesco (what a rip)

I went searching online

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/thejohnnyshop_Durex-Mixed-Bags_W0QQfsubZ3

This crowd sells 36 for 10 euro including shipping..... 6500 feedback points to .. 99.7% good.

Branded Durex and their from the UK.

Sorry if this makes anyone blush ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Sounds like somebody induling in a bit of 'fake demand' if you ask me... ;)

Bit of a dry patch craichoe?? :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Found this crowd too
    http://www.smartpaddy.ie

LOL @ Greenhorn :)

Nah .. Seriously though ... condoms are a total rip in this country, they should be free, way too many teenage pregnancy's !

17 euros for 12 condoms is a joke ! Their roughly 4.99 for the same product in Holland and Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

craichoe wrote:

I went searching online

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/thejohnnyshop_Durex-Mixed-Bags_W0QQfsubZ3

This crowd sells 36 for 10 euro including shipping..... 6500 feedback points to .. 99.7% good.

Branded Durex and their from the UK.

Sorry if this makes anyone blush ;)

hope they're not second hand!!!! or rejects!!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

craichoe wrote:
    6500 feedback points to .. 99.7% good.
    Wonder what happened with the 0.3%...

baby_face.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Careful with ebay for these...get a lot of expired stock or stuff close to it's expiry date. There are dedicated sites out there for condoms though at much reduced prices than the dickhead irish market....no wonder we have the amount of teen pregnancy we do when they're looking thoise prices for a piece of latex...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

They're probably the limited edition Durex polo variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,922 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The ebay lot are probably the pen ones

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Boots currently have a 'Buy two get cheapest 1 free' offer on a selection of Durex products in store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

wasnt there something in the news about durex recently being coppied in the uk and sold as durex when really they were a crap fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

steve 0 wrote:
    Boots currently have a 'Buy two get cheapest 1 free' offer on a selection of Durex products in store.

boots are buy one get one free at the mo. :cool: :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

www.cheapercondoms.co.uk have 100 packs of selected brands for £13.95 including Durex.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Seems the net is the best way, better than waiting around for boots to put on their 2 for 1 dealies...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Paying for sex..... I thought that was illegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭oldboy

You can get condoms for free on the NHS - all the ebay shops are just people puinting them on.

Been buying them off ebay for last 2 years - no babies or std's yet :) No breakages and all well within expiry date, even when u buy 50 at a time.

Go for it. The prices over here are a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

craichoe wrote:

Try paying for all a childs needs... 17 euro is nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

$5.50 for 12 durex condoms in Australia, that's about €3.35.

They are one of the biggest rip offs in this country.

Ebay has been fine for me, still no children yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Nuttzz wrote:
    Try paying for all a childs needs... 17 euro is nothing :)

I could pay it , but 17 euro is ALOT of money to some people .. especially if they don't have 17 euro !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

oldboy wrote:
    even when u buy 50 at a time.

:o These would definitely have expired by the time I got to use them all ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Theres duty on condoms in this country isin't there?

Rediculous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Yeah, iirc they was some politican (can't for the life of me think who) who was on the Ray D'arcy show talking about this. Apparently they have a Dail committee looking at this for quite a while though. They've just yet to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Im pretty sure they are available free from clinics, they were at least, all colleges give them free too. freebies aren't hard to find,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Freebies are usually terrible quality. I've conferred with my penis and he agrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Freebies are usually terrible quality. I've conferred with my penis and he agrees.

You're a guy ?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

. Apparently they have a Dail committee looking at this for quite a while though. They've just yet to do anything.

aaahhh i know what im gonna be hassling anybody who comes(no jok intended!) to my door canvassing for the election, GIVE ME CHEAPER CONDOMS and save the government multiplpe of millions of euros*

*paying for my kids child support for 18 years, price of educating him or her+his or her inevitable life time on the dole when i neglect to push them from the nest to get a real job

KTRIC wrote:
    You're a guy ?? :eek:
    No, no, of course not.
    Does nobody else call their man, 'their penis'?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

No, no, of course not.
    Does nobody else call their man, 'their penis'?

Nicely done. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Zakrze wrote:
    :o These would definitely have expired by the time I got to use them all ! ;)

:D:D:D

I have three words for you: "WATER BALLOON FIGHT!!!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Zakrze wrote:
    :o These would definitely have expired by the time I got to use them all !

well now.. that is not something i would openly admit to. but I feel for ya.

anyway the ones free in college are not terrible quality in the least. if anything they are probably safer than durex on the grounds that they are an inch and a half thick on all sides and so desensitizing you will probably never have to worry..:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Wonder what happened with the 0.3%...

baby_face.gif

That figure is directly related to the failure rate of the condoms. :D

Advertisement