Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home And Away or Neighbours?

Options
  • 30-04-2007 2:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

This debate has been going on for years, as to which Aussie soap is superior and it has always been quite close, sometimes Home and Away would come out on top and sometimes Neighbours would be crowned King of the Aussie soaps. It's time for us to decide which is better in 2007.

Which is better? 49 votes

Home And Away
    0% 0 votes
    Neighbours
    100% 49 votes

Comments

Home and away baby!Hands down!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm gonna have to go with Neighbours at the moment.
    It not only brings us drama and comedy, but it has also become much sexier over the last year.

Home and Away on the other hand fails to bring us the drama we crave. Who cares about the problems of Belle and Amanda, Peter and Drew or Cassie and Macca? Remember the good old days with Fisher and Pippa, Shane and Angel, Ailsa and Duncan? Remember when Alf and Irene had decent storylines? Now we are left with a pile of drivel that we watch out of hope that it may get better again or just to see how the finally kill Cassie, because it must happen, it has to happen, they can't continue to torture us with her hideous face.

I'd much rather see the antics of Paul and Harold, Karl and Lou or Dylan and Stingray on Neighbours. Not to mention the fact that they have much better looking women on Ramsay Street than in Summer Bay, Pepper and Rosie, Janae and Elle, Carmella and Skye. What more can we ask for from this show? How about the death of one of the show's most popular characters? Don't worry, according to sources, it' coming very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

I was always a neighbours but its been really boring of late so I've been coverted to the outrageous happenings of H&A. I love the way if your wife dies you get over it in a month.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

descry wrote:
    I was always a neighbours but its been really boring of late so I've been coverted to the outrageous happenings of H&A. I love the way if your wife dies you get over it in a month.
    That's all part of the magic that is Summer Bay!!
    Home & Away ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Neighbours FTW

It has the best characters, like Janae :D

060421-06poolside02.JPG

050808-03pool02.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Neither of them have been much good lately but i have to side with Home and Away by a whisker because of the latest storyline with Ric and Rocco but neighbours has lost its way of late wtf is with Dr Karl?

purplegeko wrote:
    Neither of them have been much good lately but i have to side with Home and Away by a whisker because of the latest storyline with Ric and Rocco but neighbours has lost its way of late wtf is with Dr Karl?

Karl is a pimp, whats the prob? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Neighbours gets my vote, although I havent watched either of them in a while

Kojak wrote:
    Neighbours gets my vote, although I havent watched either of them in a while

That's what we like to hear, neighbours ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Home and away. Mainly for the ladies on view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Neighbours deffinitly. if only for Elle, what a babe, and Paul Robinson is a legend. Home & Away on the other hand is far too serious for my liking

NeighboursJanuary2007097_small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Home and Away, been watching it for years but haven't seen it in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Neighbours.

I've been to the real Ramsay Street too \0/

It's great.

I haven't watched it in ages though, due to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

I voted for Neighbours because I haven't seen H&A for years. You can miss weeks of Neighbours and still figure out what is going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

pokerwidow wrote:
    I voted for Neighbours because I haven't seen H&A for years. You can miss weeks of Neighbours and still figure out what is going on.

Thats what makes neighbors so good.
    Holidays and exams don't ruin the fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 desperatewife

home and away for me have watched it since day one! and since its in its 19th series that is some amount of tv !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

What?! How is Home and Away winning this?! HAS to be neighbours... It gave us Kylie and Jason let alone the rest. I am disappointed...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

Neighbours. H&A is too Eastenders-equese morbid and over dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Watched both from pretty much day 1 until around 2005, now I dont bother with either. Used to like both equally back in the day....Remember Sophie in H&A...She was the a legend (when I was 12)
    gone_rebecca.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Absolutely no competition, home and away wins hands down! Only in summer bay can a 19 year old guy have been father to 3 children with another on the way(not with his wife) and no one bats an eyelid.

Oh except turns out none of them were his.
    Still home and away rocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

was never pushed about Hayley tbh....Tops on the others....more I say more!

I do like the Ric goes to prison storyline they have going on at the moment in HAA, but I'm guessing it will last about two weeks tops before Auntie Morag saves the day. What they should do is keep him in prison and start a spin-off show about Ric and Johnny in prison with people like Alf popping in for a visit every so often. I reckon it would be a hell of a lot more entertaining. What will probably happen is Ric will get off scot free, return to Summer Bay and the whole thing will have been forgotten in a week and we'll be back to mind-numbingly boring storylines about the love-tangle between Drew-Belle-Lucas-Matilda-Ric-Cassie-Macca-Amanda-Peter-Kit-Kim-Rachel-Jack-Martha!!! Have I left anyone out? They gotta start giving Dan and Tony more storylines - maybe the two of them could start a detective agency and solve all the crimes in the Bay as well as having loads of car chases and explosions and then they should add some good looking women to the cast and they're sorted.

Speaking of good looking women, love the whole Pepper & Rosie love storyline happening on Neighbours, even if we all know it won't last. I also like the newly formed partnership between Paul & Ned - it definitely makes Ned a much more interesting character. I'm still sticking with Neighbours in this battle of the Aussie soaps, because I know for a fact that there are some great storylines coming up very soon. Keep an eye on the whole Dylan-Stingray-Sky-Kerry scenario, it only gets better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

H&A obv

even though the whole amanda thing is reallllly annoying, worst character on telly ever

but i come back to it for mattie

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

neighbours has never been the same since darcy tyler left, one of the best soap villains left, an absolute legend and hilarious to boot

also, is it just me or is home and away full or really unlikeable characters

martha,rick,amanda,belle,drew,colleen,beth,tony anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭lowdenclear

I would've always said Neighbours, but it's gotten really cr@p lately... It's got to the point where I don't even bother watching it... so H&A gets my vote!

neighbours has never been the same since darcy tyler left, one of the best soap villains left, an absolute legend and hilarious to boot

also, is it just me or is home and away full or really unlikeable characters

martha,rick,amanda,belle,drew,colleen,beth,tony anyone?

It's not just you! Although I would say that Ric and Tony are likeable. Would've added Cassie, Lucas, Matilda, Peter, Kit and Brad to the above list though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

Definitely H&A at present. Neighbours went through a good patch a couple of years ago when Paul Robinson came back, but at the moment it's in a rut. H&A is certainly a bit of a fantasy at times (you'd think by now that they'd be more careful about going into the bush, but most of the characters have managed to get lost/injured at one time or another). Shame that the hot characters don't stay long (like Ash - he was played by the actor who used to be Toby Mangel in Neighbours years ago:) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

It's not just you! Although I would say that Ric and Tony are likeable. Would've added Cassie, Lucas, Matilda, Peter, Kit and Brad to the above list though!!!
    :eek: Why do you find Mattie annoying??

• Advertisement

Brian017 wrote:
    :eek: Why do you find Mattie annoying??

She's got an extremely annoying quality about her. I can't really explain what it is, but she just bugs me.

Advertisement