Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy American Footballs ?

Options
  • 29-04-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking to get recommendations on where to buy an American Football in Dublin, specifically Lucan/Blanch area or city centre.

I did pick up 2 from Argos but neither would inflate correctly.

I have tried Elvery's in Suffolk Street and Fonthill Road (only had junior starter kit) as well as JJB sports in Liffey Valley.

Slightly off-topic, I remember just throwing around an American Football with an American friend years ago and it was quite a bit smaller, would this be a college ball or a high school ball - thought it might be an option to have the smaller version for purely recreational use.

TIA !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DaXiS

If it was small, then it was prob high school
    College uses full size footballs
    On where to get them, i havent found anywhere that sells them besides plastic/rubber ones...so i turned to ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

You wont get the real leather footballs here in Ireland only online best place EBAY. They only sell rubber versions here and they are not made to be inflated at all they should come soft and not very hard.

The NCAA us Wilson 1005 or 1001 and now the GST, Nike balls are 1000 and 3000. There are other brands also but best bet is the Wilson and Nike balls as the colleges us these more.

Expect to pay between $40 - $90 for the footballs coming from the US. The European Shops add there own cut and Customs to it so from Europe for any of the Wilsons bout €90 min and Nike €70.

There is a small difference in shape between the college and NFL balls. Expect to pay $60 min for an official NFL ball.

Ebay is defo the best bet with even customs it is cheaper than europe.

And I am the one that orders alot of gear for the Outlaws so I know these things :)

Advertisement