Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for boardsters' experience

Options
  • 28-04-2007 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

hi all...

im looking for a particular type of laptop.

14.1" widescreen ones. i would appreciate and be grateful if i could get a list of what models have it, apart the 640m. im not too fond with going for an inspiron.

i dont mind buying second hand, actually thats the way i would be buying anyway

what im really looking for is a very very nice looking laptop. if its fantastic looking and 15", so be it.

sony's are nice, v nice in terms of looks. but expensive!

thanks for the help!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I highly recommend IBM\Lenovo Thinkpads. I've got one myself and have purchased 2nd hand ones for family and Friends. Their sturdy and stand the test of time. They design has more or less stayed the same over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I have a sony vgn fs115z, and I love it to bits. (even though it's getting a little old. And the DVD drive is broken. And it's past warranty. And there's a load of weird gunk on the keyboard which won't come off properly)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

thanks. the best i can do is

a t40 centrino 1.5ghz with 1gb ram 40gb hdd and dvdrom for 400 euros

and a t41 centrino 1.6ghz with 256 ram, 40gb hdd and dvdcrw for 370 euros.

both include shipping to ireland.

good deals? anybody think i could get cheaper from someone in ireland?

for me the cheaper the better...

i have a t20 - and i love it.

however, id like to know, if anyone has used both t20/21/22/23 or t40/41:

how do both compare size-wise? i dont want anything bigger than the t20 - if the t40 is bigger, ill move on to something else...

thanks!

Advertisement