Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in the market for a laptop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 peveril13

unless you can afford to get something with at least 1gb of ram then stay well away from vista.
    Ive sold a few laptops with it on and they are tragic slow. plus not 1 supplier has said a good word about it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

that michines got a gig of ram! I hate vista and hope to return it upon declining the EULA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can't go wrong really. Sempron is actually quite good, decent amount of Ram, and the X1150 will easily see you through any older games. I would tend to avoid Vista right now myself, even with 1gb of ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thats a nice little laptop for the money. You can have it for €468.63 here if you like.:)
    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?b=&c=ie&cs=ieepp1&kc=N4XESS02&l=en&oc=N04155A&rbc=N04155A&s=dhs&sbc=iedhsftdppnotebook2
    For 16 euro extra you should upgrade the battery to the 6 cell.

same system? :O howd you do that?

• Advertisement

can you explain to me as how logn would the battery last and what is a cell equvelent to in time im dont know for **** :P

sorry for triple posting but how long do dell take to deliver to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

weeder wrote:
    same system? :O howd you do that?
    It's on the EPP (Employee Purchase Program) site. During the checkout there will box to enter the name of your employer. Just put in one of the big banks (BoI, AIB, etc). They don't check and will deliver to your home address.:)
    www.dell.ie/epp
    weeder wrote:
    can you explain to me as how logn would the battery last and what is a cell equvelent to in time im dont know for **** :P
    4 cell = ~1.5 - 2 hours
    6 cell = ~2.5 - 3.5 hours
    9 cell = ~3.5 - 5 hours
    weeder wrote:
    sorry for triple posting but how long do dell take to deliver to me?
    4 -5 days after your CC clears (which can take up to a day).

hmm ima get it so but one thing i wanna know,can i get my 75 euro refund for vista if i declin the license of it and works

Advertisement