Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

election posters....

Options
  • 27-04-2007 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

i was stunned to see election posters today on the South Ring in Cork on the lamposts etc on the central reservation and the off side of slip roads....do these candidates care NOTHING for road safety? I know its not a motorway but still I dont think people should be dodging the traffic to pit up posters like this...especially as the posters themselves could cause loss of concentration.(possibly)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

corktina wrote:
    i was stunned to see election posters today on the South Ring in Cork on the lamposts etc on the central reservation and the off side of slip roads....do these candidates care NOTHING for road safety? I know its not a motorway but still I dont think people should be dodging the traffic to pit up posters like this...especially as the posters themselves could cause loss of concentration.(possibly)

Did you know know, they are except from all laws...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

corktina wrote:
    Report the locations to the Environment section of the county council. As a date has not been announced, they are not allowed to put up posters (though some local authorities are reading the law differently, but Fingal CoCo are removing the posters).
    The NRA might also be interested in removing the posters from a safety point of view, especially if it a road under their authority (N25?).
    The Gardai might like to have a word with the people putting the posters up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

During the last Euro elections it was very windy and if I recall rightly the were posts on this forum about placards getting ripped off lamp posts and hitting cars and people.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

daymobrew wrote:
    Report the locations to the Environment section of the county council.
    And the city council, the road straddles the border several times.

What candidates?

Advertisement