Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

macau - 4pm weekend tourneys (30+5)

Options
  • 27-04-2007 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭

couple of the lads thinking of heading into this tourney tomorrow, anyone know what sort of numbers would be expected?
    I see there's a 5k starting stack...thats pretty good for such a small buy-in tourney. Is the structure crazy or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Structure is 30 mins as far as I can remember (maybe 20 though)

The 4pm tourney is on on both saturday and sunday!

Saturdays usually get about 30~35 and the sunday one can get up to 100 :O

Needless tosay, if you come, you will probably be going home with my buy-in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

sounds good didnt realise they ran tournaments at that time,would the cash games start early as well on the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭FungiWalsh

Yeah, these are pretty good value tourneys, especially the Sunday one. The standard can, on occasion, be pretty dire, though, at least in the Sunday one. The last time I played one, I came third for €330, running my KK into A9 to go busto. Not a bad payout for a 30 Euro buyin, though. No league points given out, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Went in today with the buddy for a look round. Seems like a decent tourney for a 30 buy-in. I wouldn't really know as I was making the walk of shame after about 10 hands :eek:

Cash games aren't great during the day... sunday prob would be better. But after getting knocked out of that I was waiting around for about 1 1/2 hours for a cash game to start. It only lasted an hour before it broke up again.

The 5k starting stack makes for a good tournament though, with 100 runners could be very enjoyable.

Might pop in again tomorrow if I don't hit the golf course :D

So, were you in there slim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

I didnt make it in today (united game ;-) )

I should be in there tomorrow though, you cant miss me, I will be the biggest player you can find (hence the name SLIM) and i will probably be one of the first players eliminated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

lol... ill keep an eye out for ya!

Advertisement