Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whos responsible ?

Options
  • 27-04-2007 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭

whos responsible for this summers crazy tour schedule -- the Irish team touring Argentina will be minus the complete starting line up that played the 6 nations -- whilst Argentina will be minus 12 or 13 first teamers -- meanwhile the Ireland A team play the Churchill Cup ? - why not just make th tour to Argentina an A international or scrap the tour , would be the sensible option -- the mind boggles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

What? And all the auld lads miss out on a free holiday and all the trimmings associated with such a tour? Are you mad woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Isn't it a good idea to blood new players...the current lot aren't going to stay around forever. And it's a better idea to put new players out without the ol' boys to back them up because people (bandwagon jumpers) will just expect results rather than development...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Sabre0001 wrote:
    Isn't it a good idea to blood new players...the current lot aren't going to stay around forever. And it's a better idea to put new players out without the ol' boys to back them up because people (bandwagon jumpers) will just expect results rather than development...

Very true.

Players I expect to see retired/dropped from the national side at the end of next season.

Dempsey
    Hickie
    Wallace D
    Quinlan
    Gleeson
    Easterby S
    O'Kelly
    Hayes
    Foley

Plus a few others I'm sure. Like some of the backup players who have never really made it to the team and are getting on a bit eg Paddy Wallace, Jeremy Staunton etc
    Granted, some of these guys struggle to make the squad even know but all could be called upon if required.
    We need to get a load of new good players very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

is it not a bit of a farce having Irelnads 2nds , playing Argentinas 2nds , twice, billed as an International -- talk about devaluing internationals -- and i agree new players should be blooded , but i thought thats what A internations were for -- maybe amz is right , just another junket or freebie jolly for the suits.

Advertisement