Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small laptop

Options
  • 27-04-2007 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I do a lot of teaching and carry a projector and laptop. But I want to get a small laptop and not pay the earth?

Any ideas???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I set up (read: de-crapified) a Dell 1501 for a friend the other day. It wasn't an ultra-portable, by any means, but I was taken aback at how small and dinky it was. It was only €439 delivered, though the memory was only 512Mb.

The processor was a Semperon and appeared grand for basic office/presentation type stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

tom dunne wrote:
    The processor was a Semperon and appeared grand for basic office/presentation type stuff.

It must be time to go home. I glanced at that and thought it said office/penetration type stuff.

That said. I have a 1501 here beside me and I too was surprised at how small it was. A bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Dell D410 BAM! Brilliant laptop....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

petes wrote:
    It must be time to go home. I glanced at that and thought it said office/penetration type stuff.

Just what kind of office do you work in? Any jobs going? :D

Advertisement