Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cullen promises Dual Carriageway to Roslare by 2012

Options
  • 26-04-2007 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

I read a quote from Martin Cullen in the Irish Times earlier this week stating that the entire N11 Dublin - Roslare would be upgraded to Dual Carriageway by 2012.

I was under the impression that:

1. Further upgrade work on the N11 (specifically the Enniscorthy Bypass and the linking the Rathnew and Arklow bypasses) had been long fingered until after the completion of the motorways linking the major cities to Dublin - due in 2010.

2. The Enniscorthy Bypass is not going to be Dual Carriageway

3. The Gorey to Enniscorthy link is at only the very early stages of planning.

4. Any new road south of Enniscorthy is even futher away.

Can I put Mr Cullen's statement down to the pending election (and thus take it with a large pinch of salt) or has there been a major change in NRA policy that I've missed?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

You're right about 1, 3 and 4. You're especially right about 4. :)

It's never gonna happen that soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

the gorey bypass is nearly finished:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

weeder wrote:
    the gorey bypass is nearly finished:rolleyes:

Yes - the Gorey stretch is due to open in early summer with the remainder of the road to Arklow due to be finished by the end of the summer.

I dread to see the traffic in Camolin, Ferns and Enniscorthy once the Gorey road is finished - I reckon it will be a nightmare :eek:

Advertisement