Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you drink in Portarlington??

Options
  • 26-04-2007 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

Where do people drink in Portarlington??, as ye know there is no shortage of pubs but its hard to tell whats the most popular!!

Where do ye drink in Portarlington? 21 votes

The Anvil Inn
    0% 0 votes
    The Continental
    38% 8 votes
    The After Dark
    23% 5 votes
    The Barrow Lodge
    14% 3 votes
    Corrig House
    0% 0 votes
    The Shamrock Bar / Cogarty's
    0% 0 votes
    The Weighbridge Inn
    0% 0 votes
    O'Dea's
    4% 1 vote
    Pint O' Port
    9% 2 votes
    Other (Please Specify)
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

o'deas the odd time i go out in port. also the anvil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

The Continental usually but I like O'Deas & Pint O'Port too.
    I feel a bit old in the Anvil :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭satguy

I drink in the Continental Bar, it's the only bar in town that has a late bar 1:30 I think.

Go there some Friday when they have Kolm's Lott on. he is a guy called Colm and does a great rock set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

If you mean the guy with long hair, thats Colm Cahill, he's class alright!!!! The late bar is only on Saturdays i think, not sure tho!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

We usually go down the Weighbridge of a Saturday, but thats just cos I lived with the barman and he shovels out the free drink. You can be Goddamn sure that I wouldn't be there for the Karaoke anyway :(

Used to drink in the Spa, actually used to work in the Spa - hence drinking there. Used to be good for pool, and free drink again.

I see I'm coming across as quite the scab now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

connundrum wrote:
    We usually go down the Weighbridge of a Saturday, but thats just cos I lived with the barman and he shovels out the free drink. You can be Goddamn sure that I wouldn't be there for the Karaoke anyway :(

Used to drink in the Spa, actually used to work in the Spa - hence drinking there. Used to be good for pool, and free drink again.

I see I'm coming across as quite the scab now :(

Free Drink.....the Irish Dream......

• Registered Users Posts: 38 laoisgirl

Hi, Im from Portarlington and it depends what your looking for? The anvil is really good atmosphere and jukebox that plays in the background so you play your own music if in on time! Fridays and Sundays are great in there Saturday nites out the back can be very young as in 20- 25 year olds I am 25 and dont find this a problem but the other side of the pub is an older crowd 30 - 50+++ !! We usually drink in the anvil and my friends smoke and find the large smoking area out the back excellent it is heated and roofed! The Continental is very loud on a Saturday night and you cant get in the door and to be honest can be a bit of a rough crowd in there sometimes - but is great for a laugh with a group ! Not for a quiet night out ! Other than that the After dark is the only place we would drink - really nice on a hot evening to sit outside! new restaurant over the anvil 'The Forge" is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Baby-sauce

does anyone knows manager name in weighbridge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭winstons pt

laoisgirl wrote: »
    Hi, Im from Portarlington and it depends what your looking for? The anvil is really good atmosphere and jukebox that plays in the background so you play your own music if in on time! Fridays and Sundays are great in there Saturday nites out the back can be very young as in 20- 25 year olds I am 25 and dont find this a problem but the other side of the pub is an older crowd 30 - 50+++ !! We usually drink in the anvil and my friends smoke and find the large smoking area out the back excellent it is heated and roofed! The Continental is very loud on a Saturday night and you cant get in the door and to be honest can be a bit of a rough crowd in there sometimes - but is great for a laugh with a group ! Not for a quiet night out ! Other than that the After dark is the only place we would drink - really nice on a hot evening to sit outside! new restaurant over the anvil 'The Forge" is excellent.

???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

???????????

Its closed as far as I know.

Oh yeah and to update - its either The Pint o Port or The Coach House for me these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

Baby-sauce wrote: »
    does anyone knows manager name in weighbridge?
    hey baby-sauce the managers name is mihai the small romanian lad the owner is paul martin
    hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 evon

i visit portarlington alot as my sisters live there. i was wondering where can you go during the week for fun. does any of the pubs have entertainment on during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bug1

evon wrote: »
    i visit portarlington alot as my sisters live there. i was wondering where can you go during the week for fun. does any of the pubs have entertainment on during the week

Most of the pubs dont have any patrons during the week never mind entertainment:D

Advertisement