Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeps dropping conection

Options
  • 26-04-2007 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

right i've had my laptop for about 5 years, its a Desknote ibuddie a900, i was on the internet last week when the connection dropped after about 11 minutes, restarted the computer a few times but connection dropped everytime after 11 minutes.
    it was then i noticed that the fan wasn't coming on, i can usually here it as it's quite loud.
    is the fan problem related to the internet connection dropping? it's just that the computer keeps working fine, just the broadband stops.
    anyone have an idea how much it would cost for a repair shop to get and replace the fan?
    the laptops old and so dont want to spend a fortune, i only use it every few months.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Try uninstalling the Network card your using or get the latest driver for it,it could be related to the over heating but I doubt it,the system itself would lockup and freeze if it was a heat issue..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

http://205.158.63.158/dl/driver/dn/lan/realtek/8139_397.zip

Download that file, extract it using WinRar (found on www.filehippo.com) and install the driver.
    This website has all the drivers for your laptop
    http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/dl_a900.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

thanks for that,
    will post on how it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

ctc_celtic, let me know how this goes.

I have a friend with the exact same problem.

Can I ask who is the internet provided?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

its Irishbroad.ie but the conection is fine, i had a PC that i use mostly, just have the laptop for rare use.

i will try out the drivers above, but i still think its related to the fan not working.

it drops after 11 minutes every time and having Googled it, i think its to do with the temp inside. i was;t able to find a definite answer, but similar people have similar problem related to heat. i.e. something else does't work on the laptop after x amount of time, but after reboot it will work again till x amount of time. in those cases it was to do with temp readings.

will let you know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement