Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Noobs with too much isk ftw

Options
  • 25-04-2007 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

So another day another combat op, we were moving ships from our now boring empire base to a new region from which to reign terror and death on the locals and we stumble across a gatecamp in low sec....... no problemz, half the gang jumps in and warps to the camp, jumps through to catch them on other side, other half of gang warps in and tackles them..... and abaddon and maelstrom.

things go well, both ships die, and we look at the killmails

Maelstrom

Abaddon

Yep, those are OFFICER mods on the abaddon, and a pith XL booster on Maelstrom, of course the expensive crap blows up but we guestimate these two ships were worth ~4 billion isk

I cry

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How the hell do people make this much money? Seriously, i just moved out to 0.0, and i'm not sure how i'm gonna get some money. Ratting with the Enyo seems risky, and i still need 50+ million for a Dominix. I can't really mine that well (although i will do it in the Dominix when i get it). What about level3 missions in 0.0? Are they harder then in Empire?

This isnt a 'Gief isk plx' post, just wondering how, and how much, you guys make in 0.0. Mining, Ratting, Missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

A lot of people just buy the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

You can't do much in 0.0 unless you have the quipment. I used to pull in 50 - 100 mil a day ratting in 0.0 with a Raven. Mining with a retriever I made... er well dunno what it was in ISK, but a ton of mins anyway, which I usually turned into ships and sold.

My point is 0.0 can make you very rich if you have the equipment to make the iskies. An Enyo is useless unless you're using it in pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

just because they died doesnt neccesarily make them noobs.

those two have been ganking haulers and real noobs for the past few weeks in the zinkon>kamih pipeline.

we got a gang of 29 into the region and hunted them but they got away, we did manage to kill 2 of their allies before they could get away.

My corp lost 2 BS and a BC to them. their usual group are those 2 a sentry domi and a nano brutix.

Hobbes wrote:
    A lot of people just buy the cash.

I'd really rather not do this. I could, if i was really stuck, borrow from the corp and eventually pay it back...but i'd rather not have to do this either.

So i should go back to empire, and start making some money doing level3 missions? Or try some missions in 0.0? And what about pvp...can you make much money from it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Kiith wrote:
    Or try some missions in 0.0? And what about pvp...can you make much money from it?

If your built for level 4 missions you can make a good bit of cash from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

jaggeh wrote:
    just because they died doesnt neccesarily make them noobs.

those two have been ganking haulers and real noobs for the past few weeks in the zinkon>kamih pipeline.

we got a gang of 29 into the region and hunted them but they got away, we did manage to kill 2 of their allies before they could get away.

My corp lost 2 BS and a BC to them. their usual group are those 2 a sentry domi and a nano brutix.

oh i didnt know that, i figured they were isk buyers with more money than sence from the way they acted + the fact they were in npc corps, they must have made some amount of iskies from ganking haulers in that pipe to afford those ships /me moves alt down to that pipe to start ganking haulers

Do you actually get money from killing people without bounties? Or is the isk you get from the stuff that they were carrying/had fitted?

Kiith wrote:
    Do you actually get money from killing people without bounties? Or is the isk you get from the stuff that they were carrying/had fitted?

You get the money from the phat l00ts they carry, Ransoms, and Podding those with bounties, one of my corp podded someone a few days ago and got like 81 million from his bounty, but bounties like that are a rarity, so its mostly whatever was fitted on their ship and the odd ransom is what makes you money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Hobbes wrote:
    If your built for level 4 missions you can make a good bit of cash from them.

Aye, level 4's are a real cash cow. Hell, a small few of the mission even give faction loot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I found doing L4s on my own too slow in a Raven. I was actually able to make more doing L3s in a drake. Amusingly frigates could tank me much better than battleships cos I was using torps :)

So much for that idea...just got blown to pieces by a Myrmidon, so now im in my pod, wondering wtf to do now...man he killed me quick :(

Kiith wrote:
    So much for that idea...just got blown to pieces by a Myrmidon, so now im in my pod, wondering wtf to do now...man he killed me quick :(

lol owned

Ya, totally. My own fault though. I really wasnt paying attention, and although i knew i could get attacked in Empire, its still not something i expected to happen :o

Gonna try get salvager skill, and try make some money from wrecks in and around alliance space. Someone suggested it as a decent way of making some money, and its a good risk/reward way of doing it.

lvl 4's are a pain unless you know them inside and out + fly a raven.

here's how to make some quick handy cash.

Dominix + salvagers + tractor beams + lvl 3's = profit

I do lvl 3's in a tempest and can spam them real quick, i can salvage as i go, or if there is loads of salavage i bring in my salvaging destroyer. You can stockpile loot and sell it using sell orders on the market, the salvage can be sold seperatly for profit, and on top of that many lvl 3 agents give out the 'political connections' skill book which sells for 60 million a pop, my current agent has given me this skillbook three times in the last two weeks, and on top of that, you get the bounties + reward money

While not as good as lvl 4's its not too bad for some quick cash, and not as boring as ratting in 0.0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You big hypocrite Gneez! You were moaning at me for being a missions farmer :p

I only farm lvl 3's when i'm strapped for cash so i can buy ships to farm other players ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Renesco wrote:
    I only farm lvl 3's when i'm strapped for cash so i can buy ships to farm other players ......

:rolleyes:

It's not as annoying as the one that DecktardIRL spams on Eve-O but it'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Making isk in this game isnt so difficult if your careful and dedicated.. Snobs that only pvp, or only carebear really do need a kick in the head tbh. Far as i can see the best way to play eve is to have a balance of everything.. nowadays i can afford to replace all my ships within a few days. Does take a lot of efford tho.

Ratting,
    Missions,
    Invention,
    Mining with 2 hulks and a transport ship :o
    Exploration,
    Liquidating unused assets,,

PVP.. hmm not so sure you can make a decent living killing other people.. but it sure is fun.

But on topic.. noob corp pirates with officer mods.. Seriously.. WTF!

Advertisement