Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio A/V Video out

Options
  • 25-04-2007 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

HI All,
    Just bought the following cable on ebay Link with the intention of using it to connect my sony vaio to my tv. When i connect it up, i can get perfect sound but no picture on tv. I have tried using Fn and F7 to switch between the LCD screen and tv, but with no success, anyone come across a similar issue before.

Many Thanks
    -JJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,080 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

the cables not for a laptop, if you check the laptop manual it might give instructions for tv connection

usually laptops connect to a tv with either an s-video out connection from the laptop or with a vga cable from the vga-out connection on the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Right so if this isnt the right cable what is the slot on the laptop that this cable fits intp used for? Its yellow and has an image of a square with an arrow coming out of it?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Vaio's do usually have a 3.5mm connection as their video out, or at least the older models did. Not sure what they use now.

Advertisement