Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tournaments

Options
  • 25-04-2007 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I'd like to try playing tournaments but not sure how to go about it. Can i just turn up in the Fitz club some Friday and sit down and play? Is this the best place to start off?
    Also, is there a good few range of players in terms of good and bad players there or will i be taken to the cleaners everytime?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

a good starting point would be the SE double chance tournie on Thursdays; 50 euro means it's one of the cheapest around and the standard is definitely 'mixed'

The Fitz Friday scalps is also good but will cost you almost twice as much so I'd recommend the SE Thurs game for a value for money learning experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

The 20e freeze out in the jackpot on thursday is a good place to start. You have to become a member but its really easy to do and free and the standard is nothing to be scared of. It starts at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

yeah id start at the jackpot 20e fo.

full of students who fill up on pints first and usually gets a decent turnout.

get a tenner in bets when you join aswell which you can dump at the blackjack table while your waiting

also the emporiums over 21 so us youngblood degenerates are limited really to the fitz + jackpot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

You have to register anywhere to play - bring a passport or Drivers Licence and there'll be no problem. Ther emay also be a small joining fee depending on where it is.

The SE double chance and the Jackpot 20 freeze out are both good places to start, neither will be filled with sharks

Also the SE is over 21s. rumour has it they also have a dress code, but if they let me in it can't be too strictly enforced

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

There are many choices available and if it is an option you should try a few different palces and see which one you like best. There is a full tournie schedule at the top of this forum in the sticky so you can have a look to see what day and event suits you best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Also the 30 euro freezeout in the fitz on sunday afternoons is nice, standard is very poor.
    This and the jackpot 20 tournament are self deal but you nearly will always have people who voluneteer to deal if you don't feel comfortable in dealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭loadabollocks

grand thanks for the help lads.

Advertisement