Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some changes in some of the Fitz tournies

Options
  • 25-04-2007 1:09pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭

I got a flyer from the Fitz last night that lists the changes to some of their tournies from next Monday onwards. These are permanent changes.

Monday 100+10 with 1 rebuy. There is now a 25 min clock for the first 3 levels and 30 mins afterwards. You also get 5000 initially and 5000 for rebuy as opposed to 4k previously for each.

Tuesday 50+5 Double Chance. There is a 25 minute clock all night now for this, and the chips have changed to 2500/2500 instead of 1500/1500.

Friday Scalps 45+10+5 with 1 rebuy. There is a 25 min clock until 800/1500 when it will go to 30 mins. You also get 3000 initially and 4000 for rebuy/topup instead of 2000/3000.

Seem like changes for the better to me, and Friday week will probably be my first time trying one of these new structures out. I don't know if bonus chips still apply for all these tournies as there was no mention on the flyer, and I also presume that the blind levels for all these games are staying the same (i.e. no levels skipped).

I have also made updates to the tournie sticky about these.

Edit to say that the structure for their WSOP sats look good to with 10k starting stack. Good to see another club respond to player feedback after all the positive things pokerwise that the SE has done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

More info on WSOP sat?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I presume Mick will post details at some point but it is for a $17,500 Ladbrokes package. On May 3,10,17,24 and Jun 7 there will be one package for grabs (doubt it is guaranteed, but I don't know). It is a 200 FO (I think, maybe 250, but def a FO). 10k starting stack, can't remember the clock levels. 1 ticket for €11k in the prizepool, excess as cash in the usual manner I presume. There are 5 packages to be given away, and there is a $4k overlay as the package is worth $17,500 and given away for $13,500.

The package includes main event buyin, 2 weeks stay at the rio, and Entry to the WSOP event starting on July 3rd (1500 game).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Definite changes for the better methinks. Might have to make a return to the fitz after a fairly long absense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

5starpool wrote:
    I got a flyer from the Fitz last night that lists the changes to some of their tournies from next Monday onwards. These are permanent changes.

Monday 100+10 with 1 rebuy. There is now a 25 min clock for the first 3 levels and 30 mins afterwards. You also get 500 initially and 5000 for rebuy as opposed to 4k previously for each.

Tuesday 50+5 Double Chance. There is a 25 minute clock all night now for this, and the chips have changed to 2500/2500 instead of 1500/1500.

Friday Scalps 45+10+5 with 1 rebuy. There is a 25 min clock until 800/1500 when it will go to 30 mins. You also get 3000 initially and 4000 for rebuy/topup instead of 2000/3000.

Seem like changes for the better to me, and Friday week will probably be my first time trying one of these new structures out. I don't know if bonus chips still apply for all these tournies as there was no mention on the flyer, and I also presume that the blind levels for all these games are staying the same (i.e. no levels skipped).

I have also made updates to the tournie sticky about these.

Edit to say that the structure for their WSOP sats look good to with 10k starting stack. Good to see another club respond to player feedback after all the positive things pokerwise that the SE has done.

Great to see this response by the Fitz Dom! Combined with some of the rule changes its great to see the benefits of competition.

Can you confirm the starting stack on Monday as I assume its not 500!?

Tuesday looks much more attractive now and Friday scalps will be a big draw. The 50 game in the jackpot has had some mixed reviews....

oops, ya, 5k. Look forward to seeing you around there a bit more now possibly Olly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

they should give the wsop tickets away all on the same night. have a 600e FO or something with 100 runnners. If its just a winner take all for 200e its probably not worth the effort given the selection of multiple seat sats online and the general crappiness of winner take all sats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

5starpool wrote:
    oops, ya, 5k. Look forward to seeing your dead money around there a bit more now possibly Olly.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,188 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well, no - one has whined more about the structures in the FITZ than myself I think it would be fair to say. As I was reading your initial post Dom I found myself nodding my head. These look fantastic - the Tuesday game will now be playable and the Scalps game will automatically become the best option for a Friday night.

I have hardly set my foot in the door since Christmas - but will definately be back on a more regular basis starting from next week. Competition = higher standards. Good job, and I hope the changes are supported well by the players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

sounds great il be making my return asap

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Good to see the Fitz doing something proactive. All look like changes for the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

ianmc38 wrote:
    Good to see the Fitz doing something proactive. All look like changes for the better.

I agree. I like the sound of the new structures and chip stacks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Well, no - one has whined more about the structures in the FITZ than myself I think it would be fair to say. As I was reading your initial post Dom I found myself nodding my head. These look fantastic - the Tuesday game will now be playable and the Scalps game will automatically become the best option for a Friday night.

I have hardly set my foot in the door since Christmas - but will definately be back on a more regular basis starting from next week. Competition = higher standards. Good job, and I hope the changes are supported well by the players.

Peace in Northern Ireland, Lloyd playing in the Fitz Scalps game (and donating to the last longest), brings a tear to a glass eye. Welcome back sir, :):)

smurph wrote:
    Peace in Northern Ireland, Lloyd playing in the Fitz Scalps game (and donating to the last longest), brings a tear to a glass eye. Welcome back sir, :):)

Thank you Madam. Debut shall probably be Friday week. I may even start the appropriate thread!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

yes it is a gaurenteed package and and it is a €230 + 20 f/out!!!

bonus chips and timeframes will not change at all so mondays starting stack will be 5500 if your at the table before the first cards are dealt!!! and everything else dom mentioned!!!

Will the changes to the Friday Scalps game take effect from tonight does anyone know?

No. From next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Kazzehh

wats on in fitz tonight? :D

Normal Friday night scalps game. 2400 to start. 1 rebuy or topup for 3000. 20 min clock, max cost 110

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

5starpool wrote:
    Normal Friday night scalps game. 2400 to start. 1 rebuy or topup for 3000. 20 min clock, max cost 110
    €20 last longest??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

BigDragon wrote:
    €20 last longest??????
    Im all over that if i go in.

• Advertisement

ill add a free €20 to the pool im in!!!!

BigDragon wrote:
    €20 last longest??????
    I guarantee I won't be knocked out before any of you donkeys. That said, I won't be entering, but still.

5starpool wrote:
    I guarantee I won't be knocked out before any of you donkeys. That said, I won't be entering, but still.
    humm seems very logical to me :)

any1 kno who took this down iv never donked away a tourney as much as i blew this last night litterly disgusted how bad i played wit 22 players or so left!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

5starpool wrote:
    There are 5 packages to be given away, and there is a $4k overlay as the package is worth $17,500 and given away for $13,500.

The package includes main event buyin, 2 weeks stay at the rio, and Entry to the WSOP event starting on July 3rd (1500 game).
    The $1500 side event with the package is a fixed limit holdem shootout on July 3rd.
    Think it's worth $16,500 total with the $3,000 overlay going on the accomodation for two people.

Advertisement