Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

France for the summer

Options
  • 25-04-2007 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Me and 2 of the lads are hoping to go to France for the summer, anywhere near the coast either West or South, does anyone have any ideas for accomodation or jobs? even of anyone knew any good irish bars in seaside towns. I have university level french and they both have higher level leaving cert so the language shouldnt be a major problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bazzer06

the west coast is full of places with loads of irish tourists - think st jean de monts, la rochelle, royan and biarritz in particular. however, a good irish bar?? in FRANCE????? from my experience it actually doesn't exist... and the whole getting jobs thing is often harder than ya might think in France coz ur not French!! Good luck anyway though....
    I'd say a good bet might be the camping operators such as keycamp, campotel, eurocamp or sunsites. They may still be recruiting for the summer and its meant to be great craic (though the money is admittedly crap!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

yeah it seems to be a bit too late for the holiday companies / most of them only interview in UK but I think I'll just head out to the west coast somewhere and take a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 8 UL_LLB

Hey Sorry to say it but I dont really think you're going to have much luck getting jobs to be honest...Its quiet difficult in France especially if you dont have experience in France! But hey you may be lucky and land on your feet!!! I lived in Paris in 2005 but that placement was through my university...some of the lads i was there with tried to go to Biarritz for the summer last year and they had to come home after a couple of weeks...try the camping grounds etc though...thats where you'll get a job if theres one goin!! Oh and by the way...an Coolin in Marche St Germain is the best irish pub in France...theres load of em around...you just need to find them!! Good Luck! :)

Advertisement