Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahinch, where to stay...

Options
  • 24-04-2007 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully we'll be taking our newly refurbed T25 camper van on its maiden voyage to Lahinch on the May bank holiday.
    We're meeting up with friends for some surfing... they'll be staying in self catering.
    Is there a nice campsite/wild camping spot in the area?

I'll post up pics of the transformation when we're finished:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Doolin ?

It does be wild there sometimes :D:D:D

Sorry ...dunno ...never really had the desire to stay in Lehinch ...no surfer, me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

peasant wrote:
    Sorry ...dunno ...never really had the desire to stay in Lehinch ...no surfer, me ...

me neither.. but tis a bit of a tamango's situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

BTW ...and totally OT ....

How do you fit the two lanky lurcher-dudes into the Veedubb?

Do they have extra hinges for folding? :D

Dog number two was the killer in our VW relationship ...just not enough room ...well that and the lack of a toilet/ bathroom ...old age, you know :D

peasant wrote:
    BTW ...and totally OT ....

How do you fit the two lanky lurcher-dudes into the Veedubb?

Dog number two was the killer in our VW relationship ...just not enough room ...well that and the lack of a toilet/ bathroom ...old age, you know :D

Ah you've hit on a bone of contention...:D
    We've not solved that problem yet, and they're not coming to Lahinch with us. We're hoping to get a nice awning and let them sleep in a compartment.

In reality, I'd rather sell the now rather fancy T25 and soon to be done up Scirocco, and get an LT28 or LT35 westfalia. Its really the OHs decision though, and he wont be ready to sell the T25 for quite a while after all the work he has put in.

peasant wrote:

Unfortunately one of them did try to gain an extra 'hinge' recently. You may have seen the pic in the other board. It was an open fracture which got infected... cue two months of antibiotics and physio and visits back and forth to the vet. Not fun.

Anyway, here are some awnings, most available with an inner tent option.

http://campershop.co.uk/awnings.htm#khyam_motor_dome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

he he he

we've got 6 dogs all told, and whilst we've never taken them *all* camping with us, we've generally got 2 or 3 with us, of various sizes.

However, just got my hands on a Just Kampers Berlin2 awning (8 berth), the HUGE one, so plenty of room for all 6 dogs should we chose to take them all at once.
    Come to think of it, will be great for dog shows, when we generally take 4 or 5 for the day in the t25.
    Despite its size, it goes up very quickly.

We stayed in the campsite at Doolin for one night last year. Lovely campsite, and the owner couldn't be more helpful. Facilities were spotless, and the camp site shop was well stocked. Throughly recommend the fresh baked scones for breakfast!

he he he

we've got 6 dogs all told, and whilst we've never taken them *all* camping with us, we've generally got 2 or 3 with us, of various sizes.

However, just got my hands on a Just Kampers Berlin2 awning (8 berth), the HUGE one, so plenty of room for all 6 dogs should we chose to take them all at once.
    Come to think of it, will be great for dog shows, when we generally take 4 or 5 for the day in the t25.
    Despite its size, it goes up very quickly.

We stayed in the campsite at Doolin for one night last year. Lovely campsite, and the owner couldn't be more helpful. Facilities were spotless, and the camp site shop was well stocked. Throughly recommend the fresh baked scones for breakfast!

Let me know how you get on with the awning. I'd like to get an easily assembled drive-away awning... like the Khyam motordome... naturally I've picked out the most expensive one available:rolleyes: typical...
    I dont think we'd want one as big as what you got... We definitely wont be having any more dogs..
    What dogs have you got DDM?

Advertisement