Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[PR] Reminder to General Election Candidates Regarding Siting of Posters

Options
  • 24-04-2007 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,251 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rsa.ie/NEWS/News/Reminder_to_General_Election_Candidates.html
    Reminder to General Election Candidates Regarding Siting of Posters

With the General Election imminent, the Road Safety Authority (RSA) is reminding candidates and their election workers of the need to take care when positioning election posters.

Election posters should not be placed in a manner which obscures road signs, particularly those that relate to safety. These would include speed limit, junction warning and road works signs as well as those giving directions.

It is an offence to erect any sign or notice that makes a traffic sign less visible to road users (Road Traffic Act 1961, Section 95, Subsection 14)

“The signage on our roads, whether put there by the National Roads Authority, Local Authorities or the Gardaí or construction and road repair teams, are there to help motorists stay safe,” explained Noel Brett, Chief Executive, RSA. “So it is vital that no action is taken that either obscures them or distracts road users from their content.”

Local Authorities are advised under the Traffic Signs Manual from the Department of Transport that steps should be taken to deal with obstructions to the clear visibility of signs.

ENDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,251 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sample

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

And who is any offence reported to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I love the way they stuffed the P and the T in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I posted this in after hours but i reckon i'd get a better response here :)

Who do we contact in the council(DCC area) if a FF poster sitting at a traffic light blocks vision of oncoming traffic when turning right? (Ringsend Road onto Barrow Street in D4)
    This poster went 'up' last night, i couldn't see the oncoming traffic at this junction because of it, absolute reckless whoever in FF put it there.

Is there any rules that people who put up election posters have to abide by?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Try Dublin City Council's Traffic Control at 1800-872-345
    The litter wardens are at 222-4243.

You could also tell FF at 676-1551 (you can Skype fiannafailhq if you want). Info from bottom of their website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

gurramok wrote:
    I posted this in after hours but i reckon i'd get a better response here :)

Who do we contact in the council(DCC area) if a FF poster sitting at a traffic light blocks vision of oncoming traffic when turning right? (Ringsend Road onto Barrow Street in D4)
    This poster went 'up' last night, i couldn't see the oncoming traffic at this junction because of it, absolute reckless whoever in FF put it there.

Is there any rules that people who put up election posters have to abide by?
    If this is true someone should be made to pay!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Get a picture of it as proof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

kbannon wrote:
    Get a picture of it as proof!
    Don't use a camera phone though or you'll get penalty points!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,251 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bump

Advertisement