Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 hottest year?

Options
  • 24-04-2007 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

BBC NEWS 24 "2007 to be the warmest on record" article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6228765.stm

I see one of the bookies (that will remain nameless less I anger the mod-gods) are offering odds on the following-

2007 to be the warmest year on record in the uk
    2007 to be the warmest year on record in Ireland

Top UK Temp to reach over 38.5ºc in 2007
    Top Irish Temp to reach over 33.3ºc in 2007

What do people reckon. Worth a punt? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Shit. I'll be spending 3 weeks in Turkey this summer. Was hoping it wouldn't be ridiculously hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

stolenwine wrote:
    BBC NEWS 24 "2007 to be the warmest on record" article

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6228765.stm

I see one of the bookies (that will remain nameless less I anger the mod-gods) are offering odds on the following-

2007 to be the warmest year on record in the uk
    2007 to be the warmest year on record in Ireland

Top UK Temp to reach over 38.5ºc in 2007
    Top Irish Temp to reach over 33.3ºc in 2007

What do people reckon. Worth a punt? :cool:

Well when they say warm i presume they mean as in the year total average temperature not the most extreme maximum. It takes pretty freakish conditions for the likes of 38.5c to be reached in England and same as Ireland. The liklyhood is not very high although possible in this new climate, the liklyhood that this is going to be the warmest global year on record is much more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

This is not a forum for making profits on other peoples opinions.Wager on whatever you think yourself from your own link.

Thread reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Continue.

There will be no one poster inviting to bet with another poster on here.Im afraid this is final.

Advice on supposition or presumptions allowed.Keep it fun.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A repeat of last summers temps would be nice, and if it could last a bit longer. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement