Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal County Council

Options
  • 24-04-2007 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭

I can't figure it out !!!!!

I was offered an apartment in Meakstown but didn't buy one.
    They had my name slotted into a time to view etc - unlike Balbriggan - too many ahead of me were interested that time I got the letter at Xmas.

My cousin got a letter today offering her a viewing in Lusk so I rang FCC to ask if I was sent a letter - just incase it went missing.

Anyways they said that only the 1st 300 people on the list would have been contacted.

It seems mad that I wouldn't be in the 1st 300 if I was offered a definite place in Meakstown already ????

When I was at the interview they told me the way it works is for every 5 properties they write to 30 people so according to my figures they had 60 apartments in Meakstown and for me not to have been in the 1st 300 almost everyone who was contacted didn't want one ?

Can anyone shed any light on this as I am seriously confused now about the whole process.
    I had hope I was somewhere in the top few when they offered me Meakstown

Anyone ??? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I could be completly wrong but if refuse a place, do you go back to the bottom of the list?
    Seems fair to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Rainy Day

micmclo wrote:
    I could be completly wrong but if refuse a place, do you go back to the bottom of the list?
    Seems fair to me

With Fingal it doesn't matter how many properties you turn down you still maintain your place on the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

micmclo wrote:
    Seems fair to me

Not with Fingal.

I don't really think that that would be a fair way of doing it. It's not like anyone loses out if you turn one down, you are only helping someone further down the list to get one sooner and you have to hang on for the next offer which could be better / worse than what you've turned down. You take that chance.

Also, what if you want to live in a house in Swords with your wife and 2 kids and your first offer is a 1 bed apartment in Finglas - you shouldn't be penalised for turning this down! Fingal don't make distinctions between single people and families like other councils do (i.e a single person is offered a 1 bed apartment, a family a 3 bed) so this seems the fairest way to me.

OP - why don't you ask them how come you qualified to view Meakstown and not Lusk! I'm sure they will explain why to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Have left a message for the sales team as the chap I spoke to yesterday caused me all this confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭macy10

I reckon what has probably happened to you Suzy is that there were plenty people ahead of you on the list that didn't want Meakstown, refused offers and then the came to you and you refused.
    So those ahead of you that refused are now back at the top of the list and those at the top may contain others that refused properties ahead of Meakstown/ Cityside (don't know what developments were ahead of these) so that could account for loads of people.
    Wouldn't have guessed 300 but I figure a lot of people who apply to Fingal..like myself are very happy to be offered a place in the north county and that those wanting apartments closer to city are few.
    May be completely wrong but let us know what sales team get back with :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

It could be that your not on the local list. I rang Fingal and they sent the letter to 300 people for 22 properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,343 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is location a factor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

Hi,
    There is a general list and 3 local list. you may get offered a local property quicker than someone on general list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

No it's not - I just couldn't accept an apartment as they have a no pets rule
    I'd have been happy to live in Meakstown otherwise !

Advertisement