Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download I-Tunes to Creative MP3

Options
  • 24-04-2007 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if someone can help me. I downloaded a new album last friday (The Delorentos) on I-Tunes. I then tried to transfer the downloaded file onto my Creative MP3 but wasn't able to.

I thought I read in the news recently that information downloaded from i Tunes was compatable with any MP3 player.

Can someone tell me if this the case and how do u go about doing it.

Many Thanks
    Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It is only artists by EMI that can be bought coding free...The singles cost €1.29, albums same price.

Go on wikipedia and look for "list of artists signed EMI" - Should come up as a relevent search if not straight away...Thing is, it still uses the iPod format of music so download a test single and if that transfers perfectly, you're good to go!

For all other music, copy the purchased songs to a CD and then transfer from CD to Creative player as you would normally...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Eds wrote:
    I thought I read in the news recently that information downloaded from i Tunes was compatable with any MP3 player.
    That will be true for certain tracks released by EMI during May. Any other tracks will have to be burned to a CD and reripped to mp3 before you will be able to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Apple/iTMS has not started to offer DRM free content yet.

It is in the pipeline for EMI artists.

Upshot is iTMS material cannot be used on any other device as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eds

...i must have misread the original article

Advertisement