Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper bargains.

Options
  • 24-04-2007 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

I thought it may be an idea to put up some things that we see that could come in useful for others to buy, with the season coming up.

I have just got a solar shower off ebay from a seller called susapower. It is 20l, sits on the roof and the heat of the sun will heat the water. Hang it up and hey presto, a warm shower. It was £3.99sterling plus £1.50 p&p.

I see on Thursday Lidl are doing some camping equipment.

I have my eye on this http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070426.p.RemoteControlCampingLamp A remote control camping lamp. For music festivals etc. where you are not guaranteed of an electric hookup this could be invaluable.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,272 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have just got a solar shower off ebay from a seller called susapower. It is 20l, sits on the roof and the heat of the sun will heat the water. Hang it up and hey presto, a warm shower. It was £3.99sterling plus £1.50 p&p.

Let me know how you get on with the solar shower. We're looking at getting one as well.

I cant think of any bargains atm... too busy spending every spare penny on our camper refurb.. its just been sprayed:D

Camping stuff in Lidl today. I just picked up a folding table and halogen lamp for our imaginary awning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Westfalia2

Hi Fits,

Do you mind me asking how much it cost to get your camper sprayed?

Many thanks.

My OH did all the prep work and a friend sprayed it for 500 euro. Judging by all the work that went into it, I'd expect to pay at least 1500 euro to get it done professionally. Paint was very expensive as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

Yes I see Lidl are doing a satellite camping kit for 99euro next week ,just a word of caution the dish sold with these is way too small for Astra 2 BBC/ITV ETc. and will give a very weak picture here but will be useless if caravanning in Europe as these are made for the German market where Astra 1 (mostly german language) is the norm.

They also have a electric coolbox which looks ok and some std ones also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement