Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] The Great Eve War

Options
  • 24-04-2007 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

So its been going on for the past few months now, and alot has been lost on both sides, LV lost all their territory, Coalition lost the largest amount of capitals to The Alliance (I using this name from the Eve-o forums). What do you think about the war? How has it affected you in the last few months? Who do 'you' think is winning or is their no clear 'winners' so far? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

The battle lines have not really been altered since day one, it reminds me of WWI, (henceforth I will refer to this as EWI)

And like WWI "The ALLIANCE" has a better army but faces a two front war with inferior numbers.

I see it going two ways, TA holds it ground and TC breaks up, status quo restored.

TC gets it act together and wages several large strategic campaigns to make living in TA tough and expensive, the balance is shifted.

I suppose that I see TA as winning atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Renesco wrote:

lmao, nice one gneez, where was that? Was that bob or MC? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

The war drove me and my family out of Fethyabolis and now we have to live in a floating space-caravan in Jita salaving the wrecks of fallen suicide gankers.

I'd like to see BoB killed off because otherwise the whole thing will have been pointless and boring. I don't go to the Eve-o crackhouse so don't whos winning :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Hasn't really affected me as I am currently working in empire towards a MS. I was in IRC but the whole rent thing got to me so I went north (although they seem to be fighting back but talking with some of them and looking at their kill board they aren't doing well). LV folded quicker than I thought they would. However the coalition has run out of steam at the present time so I would say that the war is going well for BoB. Lets face it, this is what they want, a big fight, and they are winning it. They are inflicted more attrition on the coalition and D2 are falling apart quicker than even ASCN did. Unless RaGoon are going to pull something amazing or have a brand new fleet of caps I can't see anything changing in the next 3 months.

• Advertisement

Maddzy wrote:
    stuff - I don't go to the Eve-o crackhouse - stuff

Your better off, on the eve-o forums you hear what BoB wants you to hear, you will not hear anything good about the coalition there.

Below is a summary that i ripped off from somewhere else, and i find this to be pretty accurate (I've been on all these front lines recently, except the north)

Western Front: Querious

Participants: FIX + BoB vs RAZOR/IRON/MM

Outlook: Ugly.

RAZOR/IRON/MM have been hammering at Querious, tower-spamming 9CG, and most recently sieging H74. The good news is that the rent-paying pet alliance Gunboat Diplomacy hit failure cascade and quit to empire; reports indicate that ISS (all 300 remaining of them) will be replacing them in the H74 station and paying rent to BoB. The bad news is that the North lost all their towers in 9CG to BoB, and have only a few up to contest H74. The awful news is that IRON apparently got cocky with dreads and lost six of the damn things to BoB yesterday. Whoops.

Northern Front: Fade/Deklien

Participants: YW/MC vs FLA/D2

Outlook: Ugly trending towards Grim

MC and YW have successfully pushed on Fade, and D2 has thus far been unable to resist their assaults on C4C. The D2 response appears to be to POS-spam in return. MC is chewing on Fade and has begun initial attacks on Deklien against FLA, but nothing conclusive there as yet.

Eastern Front: Feythabolis, Esoteria, Paragon Soul

Participants: BoB +RISE/CoRM/EXE vs RSF + UNL + Ka-Tet

Outlook: Pretty damn good, thank you

Sustained cross-timezone assaults have left many pets in the region on the verge of a failure cascade. Southern Connection has been entirely wiped off the map, and CoRM is next on the list in K-9 and 2-RS, K-9 under heavy sov assault by RSF forces. This weekend BoB has come east to try to reassure pets, but this has not worked very well. At the moment a number of TCF towers have been put into reinforced by BoB, but all have been accurately set, stront-wise, to an ideal time for us (RA primetime, sup).

Cockfagging and griefing are at a fever pitch, and most complexes in this area are firmly under Russian control.

Endboss Front: Delve, Period Basis

Participants: BoB vs AAA, RA plex teams, SNIGG

Outlook: Decent enough, nothing exciting though.

Nothing sov-related happening here; lots of AAA/SNIGG ganking. The only part of strategic interest is the removal of the bugged Blood Raider complexes, and the pretty firm control over the other BoB complexes by teams of Russian runners.

-Also feel like pointing out, many of the complexes in delve are now under russian control, and there are reports of in-fighting within bob, of course, if you were to read the eve-o forums, you would believe that everyone who opposes bob are idiots and the sun shines from their arse... Flame on

Also - pulled this off another site, i think its also fairly accurate, either way, its gonna be a long war -

While BoB had some victories, they are slowly losing the war. Their allies on the southern front have died/are dying ... and only BoB main fleet intervention keeps em running. BoB cannot be everywhere at once all the time (burn out will take its toll too). BoB has lost a lot of its income (from complexes) directly to their foe (Red Alliance plex runner teams). BoB has lost more income as coalition kills their rent paying pet corps at leisure - several have already fled back to empire. BoB has lost even more income as the T2 item cartels have broken down due to invention (with prices of T2 items fallen to half price or less). With the BPO lottery being phased out by CCP, their advantage on the BPO front (illegally gained from friendly dev information) will no longer give them an edge.
    Still .... it will be a long war.
    It is also important that BoB lost its nimbus on invincibility. The coalition can kill any target anywhere anytime and BoB cannot stop them. One can replace ships, but one cannot replace a tarnished reputation.

/me awaits the flamez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Flame on!

I fear the Russians more then I fear Bob... at least Bobbits I can communicate with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Haven't been affected at all cos im living in the drone regions and the frontlines haven't changed much.

Advertisement