Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel Allowance

• 24-04-2007 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm hoping you can help me here -

What is allowed in your hand luggage going to Australia - I'm talking here toiletries.

In regards Toothpaste / Shaving Foam / Make up (For my mate) / Contact Lens Solution.

I have tried Dublin Airport Website - Can someone maybe help me out here?

The Contact Lens Solution is important!

Also with regards Duty Free to Sydney how much Cigerettes are you allowed bring / Alcohol Etc?

Are they really strict on this?

Thanks a Million !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Don't buy duty free in Dublin. Wait til you get to Heathrow (or whatever airport you're flying out of) or if you're flying through an aisian hub, get your DF there instead, you'll save money doing it that way plus if you've to clear security again anywhere along the way, you won't be able to bring it with you!

As for allowances on what you can bring into Oz, ONE ADULT (18 years or over) can bring into Australia:
    Aus$900 worth of goods
    PLUS
    2.25 litres of alcoholic beverages
    PLUS
    250 cigarettes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

Where do you get those plastic sealable bags?

Can I bring my Razor on the plane?

You can use ziploc sandwich bags, available in any supermarket, or just before security you can avail of free plastic bags, but they don't always have them.

You can't bring your razor on the plane.

Haven't you checked the DAA site at all? http://www.dublinairport.com/at-airport/airport-security/

• Advertisement

Thanks!!

Of course I read the site!

It's just anytime I have been to the UK on short flights my razor has always been in my hand luggage and nothing has ever been said.

One Last Question Please :)

Does my Laptop Case count as my one bag allowance or can I bring another bag also?

It's just I will need to bring toiletries and I wont be able to put them in my Laptop Case?

Thanks Guys

I have checked the site and I see nothing??

One bag only either your laptop case or a bag, but not both.

Here's a tip: Get a Laptop rucksack. They're about €40 - €50 and you can fit loads into it along with your laptop. I usually travel with it and can fit in my laptop, PSP, Headphones (big ones!), some books, notepads, phone, camera, lenses, battery charger, various cables and then some more stuff! I got a Targus one in The Laptop Shop.

Alternatively get a bag big enough to put your laptop case into to get you through the check in and security.

Thanks Mike!

I thought that was it but better to be sure than sorry.

I will defo get one of those Bags!

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,524 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dublad23 wrote:
    Can I bring my Razor on the plane?
    Can this razor be used as a weapon?

Electric and disposable razors should be OK. Cut throats are not.

http://www.transport.ie/aviation/index.asp?lang=ENG&loc=835

• Advertisement
Advertisement