Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus ads

Options
  • 23-04-2007 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

This is possibly the wrong forum, however on dublin buses and bus eireann double deckers I have seen I presume adverts in big writing on the back of the bus, however these are just yellow backgrounds and have a number in blue the whole length of the back of the bus.. does anyone know what this is about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Can you remember any of the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,253 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Now that I think about it, I've seen a number "4".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I've seen 6 on the back of loads, I presumed it was Channel 6 as I never saw any others.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IIRC 3 (the mobile phone company) have something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

the brother who works for CBS is checking this out for us all.... it goes to nine by way....

• Advertisement

its a promotion... you can win one of the buses for free for a period.... you pick a number and hope it is pulled out of the hat... each bus has a number....

Really?

I thought you just needed to walk up to them, press the emergency open switch and use the not-so-secret procedure for starting the bus if you wanted to go for a spin in one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Here's a "No.7" I saw this afternoon westbound on the infamous N32 (yes, you read correctly - a bus on the N32! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

ive seen a 9 a 7 and a 6 and a 4 thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

they're appearing on more than just busses - they're can be found in most public spaces - I saw one in Sandyford and another in Ringsend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I saw one on the back of a bus eireann bus, it was a number 6... this was in Finglas near Joe Duffy motors. Haven't a clue what they're for though.

I saw one on the back of a bus eireann bus, it was a number 6... this was in Finglas near Joe Duffy motors. Haven't a clue what they're for though.

I told you above what they're for.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I told you above what they're for.....

Oops sorry, i must have missed your post.. How do you enter?

What do you mean by "you win a bus"?

you can win one of the buses for free for a period
    What do you mean by "win one for a period"?

Someone from DB calls and says "congratulations, we've taken a VT off the 46A route and you've got it for 45 minutes on Friday morning"? :eek: :)

(Now where did I put that D license? :D)

Sorry, just to clarify....

CBS (yeah that CBS) is the agency that supplies all the adverts on BAC and BE, and also on bus stops, various other places like shopping centres, billboards, all that. They are running a promotion with their customers who pick a number and if they win the promotion then they get their adverts on that bus (or shelter or billboard depending on what they want) for a certain period of time for free.

And, just to prove that advertising works.... we're all talking about those numbers....

And, just to prove that advertising works.... we're all talking about those numbers....
    Yes, but how many Boardsies advertise with Dublin Bus/Bus Eireann? :D

god knows but the point CBS is making is that you have noticed the numbers therefore their advertising spaces on the buses ect works....

Advertisement