Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for house sale to complete?

Options
  • 23-04-2007 12:24pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just looking to see if anyone knows the shortest time that a house sale / purchase can complete in.

Sold my house on Saturday and the purchasers want a completion in 4 weeks :eek: :eek:

Dont know if it is possible but the house Im purchasing is unoccupied aswell and the purchasers are first time buyers so no chain involved at all.

Thanks
    Richie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't see any reason why not. Your biggest delay comes from solicitors and mailing stuff backwards and forwards. If everyone is agreed that you're going to supercharge it, then there's no reason why it couldn't be done in a day (though that would probably need superman doing the postal run).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

A lot of the legal paperwork, including registration of deeds etc. will take a minimum of 7-10 days (depending on how things are in Dublin Castle, though I imagine there isn't a big backlog at the moment).
    The massive 6 month+ timeframes that you hear about are simply vendors/purchasers and their solicitors playing games (or falling asleap on the job).

S.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks for the advice--Just need to get myself a good solicotor who`ll work with me on this to get it moving as quick as possible.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I recently bought a house and the sale closed in 5 weeks, it would have closed in 3 but there was a problem with the original deeds of the house so our solicitor sent them back to the sellers solicitor, that took a couple of weeks to sort out. Providing nothing unusual comes up in the paper work you should close it quickly.

Advertisement