Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under 19's World Cup

Options
  • 22-04-2007 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

My rugby tastes have, to date, only stretched to Heineken Cup, Magner's League and senior international matches. But this afternoon I happened to tune into the Australia v Wales U19 3rd place play-off. (Jeez! I didn't even know the U19 WC was on!) Wow! What a match! I thought I knew how rugby was played. Apparently I know sh!t !!

I then watched the New Zealand v South Africa final. I don't believe I've ever seen a better example of how rugby should be played. By comparison, the Leicester/Llanelli match looked like it was played by lumbering dinosaurs. If that's how the NZ U19's play, the world had better watch out in a few years!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Go to the AIB club finals next week. Some of those teams, like Greystones, try to play exciting running rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

liamo wrote:
    By comparison, the Leicester/Llanelli match looked like it was played by lumbering dinosaurs.
    I dont think thats a fair comment. Not all of us look for rugby to be a game with ladyboys dancing around the park.

Why dont you enlighten me, how should rugby be played?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Marshy wrote:
    I dont think thats a fair comment. Not all of us look for rugby to be a game with ladyboys dancing around the park.

You're right - it wasn't a fair comment. It was a great match and I enjoyed it immensely.

I made the (rather clumsy and thoughtless) comparison to highlight the speed at which the U19 rugby was played. In my enthusiasm I may have overcooked my point! Oops.

Liam

Advertisement