Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd hand motor for 5 grand

Options
  • 21-04-2007 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    just wondering if some of the experts here can advise me.
    I can spend about 5000 on a car-6000 at a stretch.

i'm considering either a newish (2000-2001) small car e.g polo/ corsa/fiesta or an older bigger car (thinking about something like a megane/corolla circa late 90's).

i'm thinking when it comes to small cars I should be able to get a trouble-free post-2000 one easily enough for under 5000. is this right.

on the other hand i'm wondering would it be worth going for a slightly bigger older car e.g megane, corolla etc.

my main concern would be reliability tbh-don't care too much about fancy extras but wouldn't mind something with a bit of power as well.

i'm guessing I wouldn't be spoiled for choice with a budget of 5000 when it comes to mid-size motors but as long as it's reliable i'd be happy with a late 90s car.
    do such cars exist and what would you recommend.
    thanks.

Comments

Advertisement