Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea: Waterford open xtra €100 = 3WSOP tickets

Options
  • 21-04-2007 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hey big slick.

If your expecting 300 players in may and buy in is £500 + 50.

What about every player adding €100 to the entry and it would generate an extra €30,000 which could be 3 WSOP main event packges for top 3 finishers?

What does everyone think of this idea. and more important neill ? maybe boylesports would be intrested in this as it gives them 3 more players in WSOP MAIN EVENT.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Hey big slick.

What about every player adding €100 to the entry and it would generate an extra €30,000 which could be 3 WSOP main event packges for top 3 finishers?

What does everyone think of this idea. and more important neill ? maybe boylesports would be intrested in this as it gives them 3 more players in WSOP MAIN EVENT.

Cant change it Ian now but the only option is if u include it in the main prizepool

and secondly wat the fck u callin me big slick for ya mad man ...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

U are Mr. Big Slick

would be nice to generate a few WSOP tickets seen theres gonna be 300+ players down and Id say 90% would be agreeable.

U should consider a live sat for it..maybe add a extra day?

everyone is after tickets but hard to get the numbers in one place at one time to generate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭PokerEvents-Ste

Why not create a last longer prizepool, 100 Euro to enter and if 100 people go for it you will have a package. This means the event could go ahead as advertised while the interested players could commit the extra on registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Why not create a last longer prizepool, 100 Euro to enter and if 100 people go for it you will have a package. This means the event could go ahead as advertised while the interested players could commit the extra on registration.

good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

A bit like Dougal and the Festival for communities on Craggy Island. hes fucced though when he realises one big idea is not enough you need many smaller ancillary ideas to back it up.

• Advertisement

Last longest idea is good idea at €100 each and any left over paid out in cash prize.

Id be willing to organise it as a side bet/entry on the day of the event.
    Live in waterford so will be around all week.

post of your intrested.

Maybe boylepoker would like to add to the prize in return for the winning player/players wearing there logos in WSOP...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Hey big slick.

I think this is not a bad idea Neil, but obviously you'd have to do it as a last longest as suggested by pokereventsSte.That way people have a choice as to put in the extra €100 or not.

But I disagree strongly with the last paragraph. How would it give Boylesports 3 more players at the world series? Are they paying for the trip? The entry fee? If this is being done solely out of the players pockets, then the players who win the tickets are going represening themselves.

I've nothing against Boylesports, Id be saying the same thing if PPP or anyone else was linked to it.

If boylepoker added to the prize pool thats what i was thinkin

Believie it or not i had this Conversation with Nicky Power before i left tonight and i come back and ye are talkin about it , i asked his opinion which i value and he taught it was a good idea ..

I have no problem with this at all and i agree that we are sending the player not Boyles unless they want to sponsor something after it has been filled ..

I think the Idea is good and i will organise it on the day of the event and list the players .. There will be a separate Registration for this Last longest event and We will make it a €10k package which will cover entry flights and hotel for the Event ....as the main event is €7000 entry ....

If ye are all up for it then we have no problem running this if we get the numbers for it ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

:)
    Believie it or not i had this Conversation with Nicky Power before i left tonight and i come back and ye are talkin about it , i asked his opinion which i value and he taught it was a good idea ..

I have no problem with this at all and i agree that we are sending the player not Boyles unless they want to sponsor something after it has been filled ..

I think the Idea is good and i will organise it on the day of the event and list the players .. There will be a separate Registration for this Last longest event and We will make it a €10k package which will cover entry flights and hotel for the Event ....as the main event is €7000 entry ....

If ye are all up for it then we have no problem running this if we get the numbers for it ....

I have no recollection of said conversation :)

why don't you just change the name to the wwsop (waterford world series of poker) give the winner some kind of bracelet and save all the hassle

• Advertisement

nicnicnic wrote:
    :)

I have no recollection of said conversation :)

why don't you just change the name to the wwsop (waterford world series of poker) give the winner some kind of bracelet and save all the hassle

Thanks for the no recollection thing ya fcker ...:D :D:D

200 players generates 2 WSOP packages.

Everyone must go for this for €100.

Also get onto boyles for odds on this tourny. I fancy a bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

200 players generates 2 WSOP packages.

Everyone must go for this for €100.

Also get onto boyles for odds on this tourny. I fancy a bet.

If this wasnt Whittys idea id be 100% for it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

If this wasnt Whittys idea id be 100% for it;)

You always were a very charitable guy, willing to donate to help someone to the wsop ;)

Advertisement