Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting a house

Options
  • 21-04-2007 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi can anyone recomend a painter around Wexford town.I need the outside done never been done before as new build.Its a 4 bed not very big about 1800 sq feet any idea how much these guys charge?If i supply the paint

Thanks for your help

Comments

Haven't a clue to be honest, and don't know anyone who got their place painted recently.

For quotes though, www.goldenpages.ie will get you a list of painters in Wex.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

There's lotsa good painters that'll do it for a reasonable price but you should leave it for another few weeks. Frost on fresh paint is what causes it to peel off.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Thanks guys for that i got one price of 1300 said it would take two days i supply the paint.Seems a bit hairy to me

That does seem pricy. I would've said about €500 per day assuming it'd be them and 1 helper.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Yes he said he would have a helper with him 350 a day each two days nice money if you can get it.Rip of Ireland strikes again i bet his mate wont see 350 a day

• Advertisement

The way me dad charges it is €500 per day with me as his helper. I'd probably see about 150 of that. methinks i'm being ripped off for doing all the donkey work. But it would take 2 days. Because it's a first paint, you have to do 2 coats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

turner and whelen usually give good prices

Advertisement