Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fines

Options
  • 21-04-2007 4:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

does anyone know if there is a number you can ring to report people littering out they're car window?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I would also be interested to know this. I find nothing more ignorant than people dumping things out their window, or littering in general. They should be made spend a week cleaning up the side of the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ring 1890 205 805

You will have to make a statement and go to court if nessasary. Are you prepared to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Just take the reg and go report it at your local Garda station. My father in law was fined for throwing a cigarette butt out his window when somebody reported him. I thought that was a bit harsh but seeing people throw handfuls of rubbish out the window makes my blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Could this number also be used to report people on the phone/ dangerous driving etc. Or is it just a litterwatch type job?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Just contact the litter warden in the relevant local authority but as stated previously, you will have to give evidence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

1890 205 805 is the garda traffic watch number.

Advertisement