Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Words (a poem)

Options
  • 21-04-2007 12:44am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Flowing from my fingertips
    Like flowers growing in a bed,
    Some with petals, others thorns,
    Calling bees and butterflies
    To bask in soft colours
    Or to hide in the leafy shadows.

Wrote this about 2 months ago, edited it a bit today, still not 100% satisfied with it so let me know what you think people! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I like this one a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

Hey An Fhile,

I think you could replace 'growing' with something stronger and lose the third line altogether. I think the last three lines are best and I like the brevity! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

shiv wrote:
    I think you could replace 'growing' with something stronger and lose the third line altogether. I think the last three lines are best and I like the brevity! :)

I only really had the third line in for visual balance as I was writing, it just seemed better with two sets of three lines, so I agree it doesn't really work as it is. The "petals" and "thorns" were supposed to be metaphorical but again I can see how they don't really work. With regards to "growing", I'll start searching my thesaurus this weekend! ;)

Thanks for the constructive criticism. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

An Fhile wrote:
    Wrote this about 2 months ago, edited it a bit today, still not 100% satisfied with it so let me know what you think people! :)
    More!

Advertisement