Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Radio Stations

Options
  • 20-04-2007 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

I'm just trying to improve my french speaking and listening and i've found it effective to have a french radio station on in the background especially while i'm just aimlessly browsing the internet. I'm currently listening to skyrock or nrj? Does anyone know any other french stations that would be of interest to a student, something similar to our today fm or 2fm maybe? or even a dance one, it just has to have a bit of spoken french on it / news every hour would be preferable

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

If you have long wave you will find one or two French stations. They are somewhere below BBC Radio 4 which is on a frequency of 198 Khz.

One of them seems to transmit all the time and there is a lot of conversation with various accents so that would be good training for your aural skills !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

http://www.witfm.fr/ Pretty good - Modern Music & chat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭dcarroll

Minfadlek wrote:
    http://www.witfm.fr/ Pretty good - Modern Music & chat :)
    cant get that to work its asking me for an email address and password

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Ahh nrj brings back so many memories of my time in France. Do you watch TV5 on sky channel 805? I watch the news to keep my french in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

OP, I usually listen to Europe 2.

I never much liked NRJ or Skyrock I must say.

Radio France is a good place to start though, because they have access to a load of local stations as well. Look to France Bleu for the local stations, but there are a couple of decent news and cultural channels there as well.

Because France is a big country, there are quite a few local-ish pop stations. The last time I was in Brittany we wound up listening to Hit West whilst we were there.

Television wise you'll get news on France 2 and France 3. I think LCI has stuff as well. Canalplus is a good place to look as well.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement