Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 206 won't start

Options
  • 20-04-2007 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭

So I get to my car and first off the button on my key doesn't remote open it.
    Then when I get in and turn the key - nothing.
    So then the fusebox starts making a clicking sound.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Flat battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I doubt it the fuse box thats making it clicking noise. More than likely it just the starter not having enough current to start. Battery prob flat like said above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Guaranteed flat battery.

The central locking now working and the clicking when you turn the key are sure signs.

Better go get some jump leads or a new battery....

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Webmonkey wrote:
    I doubt it the fuse box thats making it clicking noise. More than likely it just the starter not having enough current to start. Battery prob flat like said above.

I'll go along with this - definitely the battery, imo. A jump start or booster pack should sort you out. I wouldn't be inclined to but a new battery just yet. It could be that you accidentally left something on (lights, radio, etc) so the battery might be still OK, but just in need of a charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Ta muchly guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement