Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE & Rugby Coverage

Options
  • 20-04-2007 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Nancy Drew eh, well at least they're showing quality programming instead :p

Their cribbing does ring pretty hollow it has to be said. Setanta Sports deserve a lot of respect for their commitment to Irish rugby. They show live Magners league every weekend. They show schools and underage rugby regularly. I know they are a dedicated sports channel, but even so they certaintly dont skimp when it comes to rugby. I wouldnt begrudge them their rights at all, as rte seem intent on just cherry picking. The hook and popey (or whatever its called) show is rtes best effort. Says it all really. They'd be better advised showing actual rugby with our license fee :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I don't suppose there is an email address of someone at RTE we could address our concerns to? I'm in a bit of a rush now and can't check, but this merits action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

That's why I categorically refuse to pay my TV License! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I said this last year when RTE showed the Garryowen/Shannon match, it was the first AIL match I had seen on tv and during the course of the programme the commentators complained that club rugby was dying out I made the suggestion here at the time that since RTE had lost the heineken cup why not show a lot more AIL matches. It could bring in some of the viewers they lost to Sky and peak interest in the game at home.

It's a year later and they have only shown one bloody match. They have no right to complain when they put no effort into rugby coverage even when they have it for the taking.

I'd love Setanta to pick up the AIL.

Advertisement