Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Clap

Options
  • 20-04-2007 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

Please move if this is better suited somewhere else.

A mate of mine has contracted some nasty thing while he was looking at something probably as nasty.

Its a Virus of some sort called MBS sexxx Passssspot it appears asking him to pay his bill. It appears and you can not even minimise it.

I came around the other day installed spybot and it found it and killed it.

However it appears to re-start or happen again everytime they turn on the laptop so spybot is only removing it but not clearing the program.

Cam anyone suggest how I can remove this from his laptop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

try running spybot while in safe mode (restart in safe mode = press f8 before window logon window starts loading after bios image )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Do this

Please download the self-extracting version of HijackThis from here:

HijackThis_sfx download

Save HijackThis_sfx to your desktop.

Double-click the file then click the Unzip button. Then close the Self-Extractor window.

Using My Computer/Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\HijackThis and double click on HijackThis.exe to run it. If you would like to make a shortcut for your Desktop so it's more easily accessable, right click HijackThis.exe and choose Send To > Desktop (create shortcut).

Please run the extracted HijackThis.exe from now on. Delete any copies of HijackThis.zip that you have saved.

Open HijackThis and click Do a system scan and save a log file. Copy the entire contents of that log and post it here

Advertisement