Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Blue screen fatal system error

Options
  • 20-04-2007 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I have an acer travelmate 4050 an at the start of the week it froze and i took out the battery and left it cool for a while.

When I turned it back on, I could hear the fan but nothing appeared on the screen.

I finally got it running but it kept flashing a blue screen with lots of writing on it and and kept restarting itself before I could read ehat was on the screen. It only flashed for less than a second.

At one stage i actually got logged into the computer but it restarted again.

Finally, a blue screen appeared saying something about STOP 0xC000021A {Fatal System Error}, but didnt stay on long enough for me to read the full thing.

My father is the IT teacher in the local school and he gave it to the person that services the computers for the school. He said that he would have to send it away and that it would cost too much for it too be worthwhile.

Im just wondering if anyone can help in any way at all without having to send it away.

Thanks in advance

J22

{edit}Sorry only after seeing the Acer help. Ill try there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

what?most of the time its the operating system that decided to fail. (unless its the hard disk). try reinstalling the os first. also, if u want to save ur data, ud have to take out the hdd,connect it via usb to another computer and get the data u need, then put it back, and reformat laptop + reinstall windows. assuming the os failed and not the hdd!

Advertisement