Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a laptop: idiots guide

Options
  • 20-04-2007 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying a laptop. Thing is, despite working with them 10 hours per day and knowing relatively well how to operate them, ancient Arabic makes more sense to me than computer talk. Blinded by ads with their pentium, their 500 mhz, their this their that, I honestly have never bothered sitting down and reading up what these mean, and so I need your help.

Looking for a laptop that is relatively cheap. Works with wireless broadband/high speed/whatever internet connection no problem. Doesnt freeze constantly. Ill be using it almost exclusively for downloading video and music (I very rarely do online or PC gaming so that isnt an issue in my purchase).

So, help a brotha out :) *

*: I have this mental image of some speccy guy collapsing laughing at my lack of knowledge of computers but seriously like :)

Comments

Advertisement