Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best series evar!

Options
  • 20-04-2007 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

My cousin in america;) Has just sent me the first 18 eps and in two days i have watched 13 eps. All i can say is this is probably the best series i have ever seen.

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best thread evar!

:D

Hyuk-hyuk!

PS - best series ever?! Hmmmmm.. not sure. Best series in the last few years? It's definitely up there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i thought it was great for the first nine or ten eps.. now I'm just sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

It's good but wouldn't say the best ever, probably not even the best current series running. I would actually rate Weeds and Dexter as better! But thats just my opinion! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The post modern use of the term evar belies the irony inherent in this post.
    IE Heroes is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's probably the best superhero related live action TV series ever... and I don't say that lightly as I've seen every episode of Birds of Prey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭SoSueMe

I struggle to actually like the characters except Hiro. Every Tv show that I lke has to do with the characters. If any of them were killed off I wouldn't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Best Superhero series ever?? Yes... Best series ever? No, because that award belongs to The Shield! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

SoSueMe wrote:
    I struggle to actually like the characters except Hiro. Every Tv show that I lke has to do with the characters. If any of them were killed off I wouldn't care.
    Hit the nail on the head there. I feel no emotion towards any of the characters apart from maybe Sylar. Bennet's a good bastard too.

It's because of this that Heroes is only a good series imo, not a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Hit the nail on the head there. I feel no emotion towards any of the characters apart from maybe Sylar. Bennet's a good bastard too..
    What's the last episode you've seen? A lot of the characters get a lot more interesting as the series goes on, imo. I'm thinking of Bennet in particular here, but it's pretty much across the board.

So many characters I suppose it takes time to develop each one, though I would agree that it's more of an 'interesting situation' show than a character show.

Best show ever? Probably not (it's still early days), but it's easily the best show of its kind (superhero type stuff) and the most enjoyable and entertaining program on at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I'd have to agree and disagree. Hiro is a obvious fav for me. But then again id be quite happy if jessica/nikki were killed off. Its just a patgetic storyline imho. I have just watched ep 18 ( like 1 hour ago ) And bennet's story has gotten alot deeper then i thought. Same with nathan's mother. It has to be my tv show at the moment as it remindes me of a kind of x-men spin off. But without the technology and all that jazz.
    The next ep should explain alot, Cant wait for my cousin in america to shi pit over after it goes on air:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It all depends on where you're coming from. Any single mothers I know (and I do know a lot) relate to the Jessica character a lot.

Most of us bunch on the internet here are geeks and as such relate to the geeky Hiro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I dunno I like a few of the characters. And dont lynch me here but I sometimes find Hiro annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

/me gets the rope

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

cooperguy wrote:
    I dunno I like a few of the characters. And dont lynch me here but I sometimes find Hiro annoying

\agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

hiro is the badgers nadgers tbfh. How ccan you not love a small pathetic little japenese guy. I just wanna pick him up and put him in my pocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Goodshape wrote:
    What's the last episode you've seen? A lot of the characters get a lot more interesting as the series goes on, imo. I'm thinking of Bennet in particular here, but it's pretty much across the board.

So many characters I suppose it takes time to develop each one, though I would agree that it's more of an 'interesting situation' show than a character show.

Best show ever? Probably not (it's still early days), but it's easily the best show of its kind (superhero type stuff) and the most enjoyable and entertaining program on at the moment.
    I've watched it at American pace. I just cannae warm to any of the goodie goodie characters at all, apart from Hiro maybe, but I'm even getting slightly tired sick of him at this stage. This'd be my character assessment. There's just an awful lot of bland characters in the show imo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Birds of Prey.

Now that was definitely the most utterly surreal ending to a series ever. The major climactic Heroes v Villans showdown to the tune of Tatu's "Running Through My Head." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dont watch TV like I used to but in terms of emotional attatchment to characters Heroes definitely gets beaten by 24 :D

Advertisement