Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This weekend

Options
  • 20-04-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭

Any big games on this weekend?

The Fitz 500 or something...

Need a break from the laptop....

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Not as far as I know. Nothing on in the Fitz out of the ordinary anyways.

Fly somewhere random on the spur of the moment, that'll give you a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Save yer money for the Fitz eod of Month next Thursday, and get yerself out for a few cool beers this fine weather.

Never did hear the outcome of the 'MUCKGATE' scandal , did you get your apology? (oops never mind)

have a Kitkat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

SSSSSCCCCCCAAAAAALLLLLLLPPPPPPPPSSSSSSS GAME IN FITZ, go on ya know ya want to!!!!

€20 last longer, eazzzziiiiiii money.
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

yeh, sounds like beer and Croke Park on Sunday, I'll take you up on the €20 longest lasting Smurph if I can find the car keys..

hope to see you later.

Flying away next weekend, so that kills that idea and MUCKGATE is alive and well....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Solksjaer wrote:
    Never did hear the outcome of the 'MUCKGATE' scandal , did you get your apology? (oops never mind)

have a Kitkat.

More Info needed or did I miss a "guns at dawn" incident???

Any other boardsters, Davids up for a last longer bet. 1st to the Fitz should start the ball rolling as im always late to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

smurph wrote:
    More Info needed or did I miss a "guns at dawn" incident???

Any other boardsters, Davids up for a last longer bet. 1st to the Fitz should start the ball rolling as im always late to this.

Whats the buy-in and start time smurph?

Starts at approx 8.50ish and is 45+10+5 (60 up front) and 1 rebuy for 50.

5starpool wrote:
    Starts at approx 8.50ish and is 45+10+5 (60 up front) and 1 rebuy for 50.

Cheers Dom, think I'll head in for this.

carfax wrote:
    Cheers Dom, think I'll head in for this.
    See you there then Stephen.

its a terrible structure but a really good night, one of my favourite games in Dublin. Always great craic and nice size prizepool...

• Advertisement

Ollieboy wrote:
    its a terrible structure but a really good night, one of my favourite games in Dublin. Always great craic and nice size prizepool...

How terrible is it Ollie?, its ages since I've been into the Fitz but everyone is calling a non-deep-stack structure a terrible structure these days.

From about 3 tables out and the 800-1500 level it is pretty much push or fold. I have a streak of 10th-20th placings in this tourney to break. There are usually 70-100 runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Love to go Itching for a game but alas now that I'm healthy agian, I've run into A series of sessions, starting with Dicey Reilys tonight. (hmm a drunken cash game later) I'll be back in sickbay quicker than you can say. ALL IN ON THE BLIND

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

carfax wrote:
    How terrible is it Ollie?, its ages since I've been into the Fitz but everyone is calling a non-deep-stack structure a terrible structure these days.
    I hate when people go on and on about structures in tourneys. Yes, the average stack will be 15 BB's when it gets to 2-tables but who cares, when it gets over 100 runners it has to finish at a resonable hour.
    If you want to play deepstacked poker go downstairs to a cash table.

Edit: That wasn't directed at you carfax

carfax wrote:

Its a fun game of poker, I cant remember the starting stacks, but its only a 20 min clock I think and it moves very fast, after the break its kind of push poker, but a great night of fun.

Hawk Eye wrote:
    I hate when people go on and on about structures in tourneys. Yes, the average stack will be 15 BB's when it gets to 2-tables but who cares, when it gets over 100 runners it has to finish at a resonable hour.
    If you want to play deepstacked poker go downstairs to a cash table.

Edit: That wasn't directed at you carfax
    A victim of it's own success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

how many runners has the deeper stacked game in the jackpot been getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

how many runners has the deeper stacked game in the jackpot been getting?
    i used to go to the scapls game every week but a string of poor performances ( i blame the structure ;) ) and im heading to jackpot tonight.

Scalps is 2000 startign stack and 3000 for rebuy/top. Top up is essential so its basically a 110 imo. gets very crapshooty from about 400-800 onwards, but it is fun.its 20 min clock.

Id like to see the jackpot game take off though 50 FO 5-6K chips and 30mins the whole way.
    Jackpot tonight FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,240 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Id like to see the jackpot game take off though 50 FO 5-6K chips and 30mins the whole way.
    Jackpot tonight FTW!

I agree.

Advertisement