Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with a Golf Problem

Options
  • 20-04-2007 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    Wondering if anyone would have any idea of whats goin on with this 00 Mark 4 Golf. I was driving down the road when i heard a noise (couldnt hear it clearly as radio was on) and the power went. I then tried to start it again and it just fluttered for a few seconds and died again, there was no power in the throttle at all when trying to rev it???

Anyone have any idea?

P.S. The car was only bought in January:( from a used car dealer and is under warranty so hopefully it will be sorted by them.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

From your description I have absolutely no idea.
    When the power went - is that bhp power or battery power?
    If it is bhp power then something sunds real bad but impossible to diagnose. It could be just a sensor (but these don't tend to go bang) or it could be as bad as the timing belt (if present) snapping leaving you with a big heavy paperweight!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What kbannon said, really. Bring it back to the garage asap, you'll only know what's wrong with it when a mechanic has had a look at it. Look on the bright side - you're still under warranty!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭maidhc

It sounds like the timing slipped out. It has happened a few Golfs of that age I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

maidhc wrote:
    It sounds like the timing slipped out. It has happened a few Golfs of that age I know of.

I've seen this a few times too. Call the dealer - he'll have to recover it if it won't drive - but thankfully it won't be at your expense!

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Thanks for the replies,
    Got onto the dealer first thing this mornin and he picked it up on a truck this afternoon to sort it out! Good service so far!

• Advertisement
Advertisement