Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bohemian Grove

Options
  • 20-04-2007 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I'm wondering if anyone here would know anything about this place, and the 'cremation of care' ceramoney performed at it, as well as that what do you think of it?

Have any of you ever encountered worship of an idol 'Molech'?

If so do you know what it represents to the people who do it?

fairly broad questions I know, but I just want to get the opinions of practicing pagan/druids on the subject.

My aim is in no way to try and paint your practice in a bad light, but to raise the issue and seek information from people with experience, maybe similar.

Regards,

Dr. F.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Never heard of it other then in references in the bible.
    There is a fair bit about it if you google but I don't know anyone or have never meet anyone or heard of anyone who has any intrests in that direction.
    Never seen a molech idol either.

I think you maybe confusing occult and cult with paganism.

There is a Conspiracy Theories here on boards which you may find helpful.

Is there anything specific you are look for an opinion on ?
    with the cavate that wehre there are 3 pagans there are often 5 opinions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DrFunkenstein

Thanks for the reply Thaedydal,

Well just the whole human sacrifice or mock human sacrifice bit.
    I just came across this kind of stuff while searching google, an just thought it fairly odd and downright spooky. :eek:
    I'd say I am confusing the two, as I said I have no experience of either.

Heh, I know what ye mean, can be hard to get people to agree on things that are open to interpretation.

Thanks again,
    Dr. F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

"Mock human sacrifice" can cover a lot (many religions that have an initiation ceremony have a symbolic death of the initiate - e.g. Christianity and Wicca to pick a non-Pagan and Pagan example respectively), or you can have a mock killing to represent some mythological theme, and so on.

In all "mock human sacrifice" means so much that it actually means nothing without being a lot more specific.

Bohemian Grove does seem to be more a matter for conspiracy forum than here though, I haven't heard of anythign Pagan about it.

Advertisement