Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

some advise please

Options
  • 20-04-2007 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi guys am looking for some advise i bought a car 4 weeks ago a fiat stilo it was on the car zone web site the ad said that there was only 1 owner 2002 70,000 miles which i didnt mind the milage as i thought well this one person as had this car 5 years and must not of having any trouble well this was my inital thought but now i have just received the log book to find out that there have been 4 previous owners, if i had of know this in the frist place i wouldnt have bought the car, i have being sold a lemon how could i ever sell this car , who would ever want to buy a car with now 5 owners.
    were do i stand now with this car the garage say they'll look into the fact the ad only said one owner but that is as far as i've got .
    SOME ADVISE PLEASE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Bring the car back and tell them it was miss sold and you want either,
    1. Money back against each owner.
    2. A Full refund or the car changed for something else.

You will need a copy of the add. Check Carzone incase the forgot to take it down. Do you have anything else in writing stating that the car was one owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Glanza V

I dont really see the problem with a car having 5 owners but since you did not know this you should go back and demand a refund or else tell him you will take court action.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

A five year old car with one prrevious owners is a lot different to the same car with four previous owners as that is quite a lot in 5 years.
    What else did the seller lie about? Do the NCT certs or service book reveal mileage anomalies, etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

For what it's worth got to SIMI, or tell them you have already (if they are a memeber). Don't let it lie though, even though you may be in for the long haul. Also, speak to the http://www.consumerassociation.ie/ and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Also, if they agree to give you credit, tell them to stuff it. It was sold under false pretences and you are entitled to your cash back.

Also,
    How long have you had the car, how many miles have you put up on it.

If they try to fib you off saying it was a genuine mistake, do not accept it. It is not your concern if they made a mistake, you have paid for something that you did not receive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

prospect wrote:
    Also, if they agree to give you credit, tell them to stuff it. It was sold under false pretences and you are entitled to your cash back.
    Yes, this is true under the Sales of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980 (I remember something from Leaving Cert Business! :) ). However as others said you may need to prove the ad said what it said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

I hope you have a copy of the original add! I would never buy a car without checking the vrc first. Many dealers lash those adds up without due care. I have gone to see many a car that has spec on the add only to be dissapointed on visual inspection. False advertising at its worst. Hope it works out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Get prove of the add that was on carzone and based on false advertisment you might get somewhere. without any of that hard chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rhondadunphy

Thanks everyone for the advise, I have being on to SIMI who refered me consumer rights they to tell me I need a copy of advert so I've being onto carzone.ie and they are looking for it so hopefully they will be able to get hold of it as it was less than 4 weeks ago, I am a typical women see something I like and just buy it & never ask any question's .
    this time I just hope I'm not stuck with a lemon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

How much did you pay for it? Tbh I don't think it make much difference to the value of the car. I'd say a 02 Fiat Stilo is probably worth around 3k euros anyway. Is the car giving trouble?

• Advertisement
Advertisement