Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bike seized will i get points?

Options
  • 19-04-2007 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,357 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

couldn't afford the tax, eh - just tell them you are saving for car insurance.... :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nope no penalty points will be given for no tax €60 or €90 fine, no Insurance carrys 5 penalty points just in case you didn't bother with that either :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

As per irish1 - no penalty points for no tax. Fine plus impound fee - it'll hit the pocket hard but not the licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

LOL. Tax on a 50cc moped = €37.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Advertisement

NiSmO wrote:

Impound fee is €100 and €30 per day thereafter - plus the fine. I feel your pain - this happened to me many years ago with my 1989 Passat when it was seized after a Garda car followed me home from Lucan to Templeogue and turned on the siren and lights about 500m from my house. Plus, before I could take the car from the pound, I had to show proof that I'd paid the tax arrears and that I had a current tax disc. Lots of money - fcuking lots. Never been out of tax since - lesson learnt.

EDIT - Prices stated may be wrong - when I had this experience, Ireland's currency was IR£.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Could you not have driven the Sixer ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Not forgetting the Court appearance....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,165 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

crosstownk wrote
    As per irish1 - no penalty points for no tax. Fine plus impound fee - it'll hit the pocket hard but not the licence.

Why should there be penalty points for tax offences, does having no tax make you a more dangerous driver?
    Penalty Points are the solution to the road accident problem.

:confused:
    jmayo wrote:
    crosstownk wrote

Why should there be penalty points for tax offences, does having no tax make you a more dangerous driver?
    Penalty Points are the solution to the road accident problem.

There are no penalty points for not having a vehicle taxed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

crosstownk wrote:
    :confused:

There are no penalty points for not having a vehicle taxed.
    That is what he said....

testicle wrote:
    That is what he said....

Yeah - I know. I was just a little confused as to why he quoted me then asked a question - I thought maybe he was questioning my earlier post........... I just didn't quite know where he was coming from. Ah well - not to worry.

Advertisement