Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Luxury Car Hire

Options
  • 19-04-2007 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

I have a special occasion coming up and I want to hire a special car, something like a jag XK or the like.

Does anyone know of any companies that I can contact. Google has let me down:(

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

No body really does this in ireland because of high insurance.your best bet is to contact a jag garage and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Murrays do luxury car hire but only with a chauffer.

Put the best suit on and go down the local jag garage looking to arrange a test drive....my brother had a S class for a weekend, an XK will be much harder to get but all you can do is try!

[EDIT] Just remembered that Enterprise do a luxury-ish car rental. This years model is the Lexus 200 but I think they have a Chrysler 350 also in Dublin. Not exactly what you're looking for but might be the closest !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

We get enterprise replacements in work, the rep told me that they have 6 series bmw's now

Onkle wrote:
    We get enterprise replacements in work, the rep told me that they have 6 series bmw's now

That was just rep-speak. We have an enterprise person in the office because of the volume we get off them and I know from talking to branch managers that the best they have are the lexus's (I got 1 for paddys weekend and it's a great car but don't think it has the wow factor that the Op wants).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Hertz Dublin Airport has an XJ6. Sixt do chauffeur driven Limos. etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I see plenty of Ranger Rovers/5 series & Jags sitting in the rental car park in Cork Airport, not sure which company has them, but they are definitely rentals. It may be Hertz. I know even National Car had a Jag X-type on their books. You are probably best ringing around, I don't think the cars you are looking for are quoted on the websites.

I see plenty of Ranger Rovers/5 series & Jags sitting in the rental car park in Cork Airport, not sure which company has them, but they are definitely rentals. It may be Hertz. I know even National Car had a Jag X-type on their books. You are probably best ringing around, I don't think the cars you are looking for are quoted on the websites.

Why dont company's advertise these things properly as many people would be interested but no one really knows where to get a proper rent a car :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It's like every bloody thing in this country, they don't wnat to tell you the prices till the last minute. Do you remember in the days before the internet you would have to look in the Examiner/Herald etc. for cars for sale. They never put the mileage or the price of the car in the ad.
    Thank god for the Buy and Sell as they insisted that the prices be shown. The rest followed suit & at least now you know what's what. The housin market is in the same situation, all cloak and daggers when it comes to pricing.
    I guarantee you that if we all rang up looking for one of these type of rentals we would all come back with wildly varying prices.

It's like every bloody thing in this country, they don't wnat to tell you the prices till the last minute. Do you remember in the days before the internet you would have to look in the Examiner/Herald etc. for cars for sale. They never put the mileage or the price of the car in the ad.
    Thank god for the Buy and Sell as they insisted that the prices be shown. The rest followed suit & at least now you know what's what. The housin market is in the same situation, all cloak and daggers when it comes to pricing.
    I guarantee you that if we all rang up looking for one of these type of rentals we would all come back with wildly varying prices.

Yes you are right,
    I still think theres a huge market for high end cars but the insurance is a big problem

Another thing is the ridculous insurance rules some of the Hire companies have.

A few years ago I wanted to hire a 3 series for the weekend. Full licence and 8 years accident free driving but as I was only 27 I couldn't hire it as you had to be over 30 to hire a "premium" car!

• Advertisement
Advertisement