Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a laptop

Options
  • 19-04-2007 8:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    I've bought a replacement hard drive for a Toshiba Satellite 1100.
    The think it - I can't get the damn hard drive out. Normally you can unscrew and slide the drive out from the side - but for this, is appears that I'm going to have to open up the entire thing to get it out.
    So, now I've take all the screws out but nothing's budging!
    I don't want to break the plastic, but I can't exert any more force for fear of doing so.
    I can't find a service manual for it anywhere.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    S.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Turns out there are another two screws under the screen hinge, so I'm going to have to take off the screen - this is now becoming a pain.
    I need to lift up the hinges, but I can't because of...the screws which I'm trying to get at!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Tony H

http://www.irisvista.com/tech/laptops/Toshiba-Satellite-1200/take-apart-laptop-1.htm

have a look at the link above its for the toshiba satellite 1200
    might be similar enuff to help you locate the hard drive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Aye I got it sorted in the end - and it does open like that. :)

Advertisement